Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Eugh! Flaccid, pale, boingy thing in my Scotch broth
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

This appeared on my spoon as I was enjoying a nice hot bowl of Heinz Scotch broth. Just to clarify, it was in the soup. It didn’t land on my spoon 😆

Is this worth complaining about or should one expect to find bits of lambs’ vas deferens / oesophagus in one’s soup and just get on with it?

STW – your opinions please.

konabunny
    Free Member

mtfu

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Yep get it down you son 🙂

Sometimes it’s best not to look into what you are eating IMHO 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Do you always take a ruler, camera, and PC with you when eating soup?

AlexSimon

Bonus!

If you complain, you’ll get free stuff. But I know I wouldn’t be arsed.

ton

bit of beef gristle.
    get it down you, you big wendy. 😆

bruneep

You should be flamed for having tinned soup.

Currently eating home made minestrone soup.

MrNutt
    Free Member

its a sphincter.

derek_starship
    Free Member

But next time – it could be my face.

Harry_the_Spider

Are you sure it wasn’t a tin of Baxter’s Asparagus & Monkey Tadger?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Or is it tinned Cyprus?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I thought “Ooh, he’s found Louis Walsh in his soup”.

Harry_the_Spider

Uncanny. That is like The Prophet making an announcement by a coded message inside a tomato or a “Toast Jesus”.

In this case the Cypriot tourist board are sending subliminal messages in soup. A brilliant and inovative stratergy, however it may not be as effective as a 10% off voucher.

And The Lord said “Two for £2 on Warbie’s Toasty at Tesco”

Northwind

It’s scotch broth- it’s supposed to made out of the leftover inedible crap.

derek_starship
    Free Member

leftover inedible crap

Funny how this doesn’t appear on the list of ingredients…

flip
    Free Member

I found one of those in a steak and kidney pie when i were a kid, put my right of em for life i tell thee.

derek_starship
    Free Member

flip “one of those” Does this mean you can identify it for me?

Should I reheat it in the microwave and taste it?

maccruiskeen

“Hello, Billy, teatime! Gruts for tea! – Billy! Billy! Come on, son. Gruts for tea! Fresh gruts!”

“Oh, I don’t want gruts for tea, Daddy.”

“What? I went out specially and got them for you.”

“Aw, but Daddy, we had gruts yesterday.”

“Look, son, I walked seven miles to the High Wood to get you gruts. That’s fourteen miles in all, counting the journey back, and you don’t want gruts? I fried them for you. Fried gruts – mm – I fried them in butter.”

“I don’t want them, Daddy. Daddy, we’ve had gruts for three years now. I’m fed up with gruts. I don’t want them any more. Daddy, can’t we have something else for tea?”

“Oh, son! Gruts! They’re lovely.”

“Daddy, I don’t want gruts any more. I hate gruts. I detest them. I have them every day and they’re always fried in butter. Can’t you think of another way of cooking gruts? There’s hundreds of ways of cooking gruts: boil them or bake them or stew them or braise them – but every day – fried gruts. ‘Billy, come in for tea. Fried gruts. I’ve walked fourteen miles. Seven miles to the High Wood and back.’ Three years of gruts. Look what it’s done to me, Daddy! Come here! Come here into the bedroom and look at ourselves in the mirror, you and me. Now look at that!”

“Yes. I see what you mean. Son, let’s not waste these gruts. Tomorrow, I’ll go to the High Wood and get something else.”

“Look, Daddy, you’ve been saying this for three years now. Every day we have this same thing. I take you to the mirror and you say we’ll have something else for tea. What else is there in the High Wood besides gruts?”

“Well, there’s leaves, bark, grass, and leaves. Gruts are really the best. You must admit it.”

“Yes, Daddy, I admit it. Gruts are really the best, but I don’t want them. I hate them. I detest them. In fact I’m going to take this panful of gruts and throw them out.”

“Oh, don’t do that! Don’t throw them out for goodness’ sake! You’ll poison the dog!”

alfabus
    Free Member

Flaccid

would it be better if it was erect?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

what doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger!

get it down ‘yer – you giant pansy! 😉 😆

flip
    Free Member

flip “one of those” Does this mean you can identify it for me?

Yes i can identify it, it was definitly one of those.

I believe due to the Brothy nature of your product it may be a Haggis stomach lining.

MrNutt
    Free Member

maccruiskeen, I appreciate the great Ivor Cutler even if the rest of these uneducated trolls don’t, thank you!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve sent an email to their customer care address with a link to my rather excellent photo.

I am just in the process of contacting the Daily Pail and my local freebie paper. I want to be on the front page. A picture of me looking all cheesed off and holding my fatty gristle up to the camera.

Soup fan in a froth over gristle in his broth

Harry_the_Spider
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Bonus!

If you complain, you’ll get free stuff. But I know I wouldn’t be arsed.

Thanks for the image, I’ve just emailed it Heinz with a letter of complaint! 57 Varieties coming my way!!!

tazzymtb

this picture clearly shows the belly imprint damage a wok smuggler can do to a road surface if they trip over. Look at his little chubby features he looks right proud.

Pot holes, nowt to do with bad weather conditions, lots to do with clumsy chubsters!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Eugh! Flaccid, pale, boingy thing in my Scotch broth’ is closed to new replies.