Viewing 40 posts - 39,961 through 40,000 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • tjagain

Also

PETER MANDELSON

Former EU trade commissioner

Theresa May has now accepted the principle of regulatory alignment with the EU and this is a step towards staying in the single market. The mooted alternative of a Canada-style trade agreement does not work for Britain as this would only eliminate tariffs on goods whereas we need regulatory alignment to permit free trade in services. .

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

But early to have been in the spesh metal. Good parents are naturally concerned when their children are at risk. They fact that you seek to be an apologist is of no surprise.

Obstruct progress on trade talks Ed. All part of the plan. If that’s a slur blame your leaders. It’s their choice

kelvin

Obstruct progress on trade talks Ed. All part of the plan.

Is this also “the plan” of UK government ministers, and the MPs “supporting” them?

tjagain

Am I the only person who has this song stuck in his head after the NI border shambles?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLo7z50Tt2g[/video]
    There’s nothin’ for us in Belfast
    The Pound’s old and that’s a pity
    OK, there’s the Trident in Bangor
    And then you walk back to the city
    We ain’t got nothin’ but they don’t really care
    They don’t even know you know
    They just want money
    And we can take it or leave it
    What we need is
    (Chorus:)
    An Alternative Ulster
    Grab it and change it it’s yours
    Get an Alternative Ulster
    Ignore the bores and their laws
    Get an Alternative Ulster
    Be an anti-security force
    Alter your native Ulster
    Alter your native land

Take a look where you’re livin’
    You got the Army on the street
    And the RUC dog of repression
    Is barking at your feet
    Is this the kind of place you wanna live?
    Is this where you wanna be?
    Is this the only life we’re gonna have?
    What we need is

(Chorus)

They say they’re a part of you
    And that’s not true you know
    They say they’ve got control of you
    And that’s a lie you know
    They say you will never be
    Free free free

Get an Alternative Ulster, Alternative Ulster, Alternative Ulster

metalheart
    Free Member

But early to have been in the spesh metal.

Speak for yourself you seem have got your fords wuddled.

Surprised to see you stoop to racist slurs and stereotypes 😯

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No they have been trying to move on to the core issues for ages.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hard to justify what you are saying otherwise

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad the idea that Canada does not work for us is finally being understood. Hence why we have always been going for a unique solution. Despite remoaners denying this.

There won’t be much to moan about soon. Except that May may just pull it off. How bitter will that cup be to swallow 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

Obstruct progress on trade talks Ed. All part of the plan. If that’s a slur blame your leaders. It’s their choice

All in your xenophobic little head, THM. Unlees you can link this plan to obstruct trade talks. Macron has been absolutley clear, Brexit conditions first, then trade talks. Check out his statemets made at his meeting with TM back in May.

theotherjonv

teamhurtmore – Member
    All we know for now is what the Japanese have committed to.

Nope.

A commitment to look to[/u] is not a commitment.

I could commit to look to make a million on shares next year and give you half of it, I doubt you’d count on getting it though

kelvin

So, UK government ministers have discussed the core issues, and agreed what they/we want from the talks that they have been deliberately delaying? Hope/wish that was true. All ministers questioned on that have said otherwise though. And they have a plan for taking their “no deal” Brexit true believers on the back benches with them? I think that much is true. Our side has put off making the obvious concessions as long as possible, it means making decisions and choosing paths on our side.… narrowing down the shape of any future deal spells big trouble in the parties keeping May at the helm, so they are being made as late as possible… brinkmanship used as a tool to force Brexit true believers to accept a “close relationship” with the EU? It would make sense, even if it does prolong uncertainties.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well kelvin it’s interstaing to see how the mention that UK was preparing for a HB option resulted in an acceleration of progress towards the first step that the 99% wrongers argued would never happen

And the one lesson of last week?The EU fears a hard brexit too. Be why wouldn’t they? Ditto the Irish. Hence the fudge that has now been accepted. No surprise as this has been predicted by a few while denied by the many for some time on this thread.

Various options ranging from the truth to lies are available here. Your choice to decide which to follow…

kelvin

Try explaining that again … you think that the movements of the last few weeks were due to EU fears of a “hard Brexit”? Nothing to do with the EU giving the UK a deadline and telling us to stop delaying and get on with it?

kimbers

I thought the compromises were that the UK agreed to full regulatory alignment for NI, ecj jurisdiction for EU citizens and a 40bn Brexit bill, not sure what the EU sacrificed for that?

They gave May an extension on the deadline after her misshandling of the DUP blew up in her face

Other than that it was just May erasing her red lines?

Unless Thm you know of any EU concessions?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

its not hard to pinpoint the time when the EU positioned softened. It could have been a coincidence as they might simply have realised that it was time to stop playing silly buggers after all.

Either way. Good that progress has been made and that HB is now much less likely. Good trump card to have kept back though ;-).

We are learning well on the job !!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes kimbers on all three. But have yet to see whether they will respect the rights of UK citizens that so many remoaners were willing to give up so freely. Have you seen the details?

thecaptain
    Free Member

The EU might not make us pay for the relocation of the eba and ema though 🙂

tjagain

utter nonsense. they may have been trying but it was never going to happen until the 3 initial issues were settled and given Davies and Gove statements the last couple of days ” we can change the deal if we want” ” NO trade deal no money” its far from a foregone conclusion that this will be accepted by the 27member states. If I were them I wouldn’t because of the tories clear splits and clear lack of committment to what they have agreed

kilo

teamhurtmore – Member But have yet to see whether they will respect the rights of UK citizens that so many remoaners were willing to give up so freely. Have you seen the details?

From the BBC reports “EU citizens living in the UK and vice versa will have their rights to live, work and study protected. The agreement includes reunification rights for relatives who do not live in the UK to join them in their host country in the future” I think the fundamental betrayal of uk residents in the eu comes from the Brexit side rather than trying to shift it onto remain

kelvin

UK citizens that so many remoaners were willing to give up so freely

Dripping in bullshit.

tjagain

completely

All the remainers comments I have seen were outraged that May was playing politics with peoples lives when the EU offered a very si9mply way of protecting rights and made it clear it was reciprocal whatever the dal was. so thanks to May and co UK citizens in the EU are going to lose some of their rights ‘cos she couldn’t stand to let EU citizens in the UK have full rights

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

utter nonsense. they may have been trying but it was never going to happen until the 3 initial issues were settled

Interesting that you believe that the three initial issues are settled.

jam-bo

34 posts by THM in the last 16 hours. I think you need a hobby. I’ve heard mountain biking is fun…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Did that this morning but cut short by crap conditions. Dogs walked. Tree bought and decorated. Mersey derby watched. Swim and gym to come.

Not a bad day despite the weather. How was your ride?

wiggles
    Free Member

live footage of negotiations

tjagain

Don’t spoil the fun Jambo. I was enjoying his weird accusations of racism that he wouldn’t explain and that never happened whilst also he ignored his own documented racism and tried to pretend it never happened

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Never happened like a deal with the EU. “Never knowingly truthful”. How apt

mefty
    Free Member

I was enjoying his weird accusations of racism

They are not weird, I would have thought the portrayal of black africans in a stereotypical way is something many would find offensive. Were someone to conjure up similar portraits with words I am sure they would be condemned.

tjagain

Mefty – I seriously did not see that and others asked THM which posts but he wouldn’t say. If there was a racist cartoon I missed it. I don’t look at every post / page

Negative stereotyping is racism. Picture or words.

Still amuses me tho that someone who has been banned for being racist makes these accusations

Northwind

There are drawings of black people. Apparently that’s racist because they’re black

dannyh
    Free Member

Just popped my head around the door to see what was going on in here……

Pru……….it’s kicking off…….

DrJ

I would have thought the portrayal of black africans in a stereotypical way is something many would find offensive

What I saw was an image of how a “banker” saw himself – first in the queue as of right ahead of primitive tribesfolk (in his perception). Of course maybe the cartoonist had other ideas; we can’t be sure just from a drawing.

Whatever, the distraction served hurty’s purpose well enough.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

indeed Dr, it exposed true colours.

tjagain

Is this the one? Stereotyping yes. Thats not racism Is it negative or pejorative? Thats what makes it racism – not the stereotype but the negative or pejorative connotations.

The thick lips on the two black folk? Dubious but not inherently racist IMO

Can you tell me where the negative or pejorative aspect is?

To give a clear example. A Cartoon of a scot in a kilt is stereotyping but not negative. to have him hiding his money would be negative styerotyping.

so please help me here with the thinking. Why is this a negative stereotype in your opinion ‘cos I am far from convinced? but open to listening

tjagain

No one?
    I see 4 lazy sterotypes
    A fat lazy german bureaucrat, a snooty british banker and two thick lipped casually dressed confused black guys. The most negative is probably the german. Cartoons are caricatures.

Its a crap cartoon with lazy stereotyping but that does not make it racist. there has to be a negative or pejorative aspect to make it so

Cougar

true colours

Racist.

sobriety
    Free Member

To give a clear example. A Cartoon of a scot in a kilt is stereotyping but not negative. to have him hiding his money would be negative styerotyping.

Slightly ot, but I’m sure being a Scot is a nationality, just like being English is.

Disliking/abusing someone for their Nationality isn’t racism, it’s xenophobia. Doesn’t make it right/any better though.

Edukator
    Free Member

If you put the cartoon in the context of Germany being willing to accept refugees from Africa and the Middle East in a seven figure number, displaced very offten by the actions of the warmongering Blair government, whilst Britain has resolutely refused refugees and is intent on making life as difficult as possible for EU citizens in the UK – it’s not as crap. It’s aimed at the German public, they are better placed to see all the issues, both superficial and deeper. That’s the art of the cartoon, a superficial and funny depiction of a situation that when you think about it takes your thoughts much further.

I posted a few cartoons in an effort to get people on here thinking about how people on the other side of the Channels see things. They get a completely different view, alternative propaganda to that in the British press. It’s modeling the minds of Europeans in the same way as UK media sources set out to influence public opinion. Just as there are expectations for the Brexit outcome in the UK, Europeans have expectations, but very different expectations, much more realistic and much more easily obtained.

ninfan
    Free Member

Thats what makes it racism – not the stereotype but the negative or pejorative connotations.

So perhaps you’ll explain how ‘Scotchland’ is negative or pejorative, in order to constitute “racist language” as you previously claimed then TJ

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes and the choice was very revealing Ed. Also interesting to see yet another untrue statement about UK and EU citizens. You are on a roll at the moment.

Ninfan, when Jambas made a critical comment about the Scottish rugby team, he was branded a racist. Totally unfounded but it stood.

Viewing 40 posts - 39,961 through 40,000 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.