Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ETSX 70 08 model how much to replace all bearings
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title I have been quoted £150 I think it's a rip off unless they are special bearings?

Jammy111
    Free Member

DIY, its what im doing with my 5.5 😀 bearings off ebay will be about a tenner, another 7 quid for some marine grease to repack them with. Then a few quid for a vice to press them in with. So will cost around 30-40 quid all in, and next time it needs doing it will be even cheaper as i wont have to buy the press again.

rob2
    Free Member

nice bikes tho the etsx. Loved mine but standover was a bit tight. Climbed like a mountain goat

Stormwind
    Free Member

Ebay item no 140431891018

The cheapo bearings will only last a year in an etsx and then you'll have to fit them all over again.

You will be lucky if they even last that in a 5.5, the 5.5 eats enduro max bearings, cheapo chinese bearing off ebay?

I wouldn't think it would be worth the hassle of fitting 3 sets rather than one.

Upto you though

Jammy111
    Free Member

stormwind aka kaesae methinks. im afraid im going to have to email the mods as thats a little naughty to be linking people to your products on ebay. tutut

druidh
    Free Member

I can't see the problem. Lots of shops and even some bike companies come on here and do the same thing.

D0NK

druidh if you say "my names donk and I'm the head of donkcorp, we do that product buy it here" it's ok*. If you say (or imply) you're just a member of public and say "donkcorp make a really good product get it here" that's stealth marketing and is illegal (iirc) aswell as morally dubious.
    BETD do a kit for £40, fit it yourself or ask your LBS nicely (i was quoted £25 labour to fit). Apparently RM dealers can get them but I've emailed 2 shops and no luck so far.

*well if you do it too much STW may want a cut

jonnyrockymountain

Thanks for your replys
    but how much and were?

D0NK

erm…BETD £40

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ETSX 70 08 model how much to replace all bearings’ is closed to new replies.