Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ethirteen tsr wheelset or crossmax enduro
  • hunter2701
    Free Member

anyone got or ridden either the ethirteen tsr wheels or crossmax endro? what are they like for weight and stiffness? just trying to decide betwee the 2 for my next all mountain / enduro bike. cherrs all 😀

honourablegeorge

TRS are great for shit seals and freehibs rusting to the point of filure, so if that’s what you’re after, definitely get those.

The rims are good though – maybe E13 rims on hope hubs?

davosaurusrex

Do not buy e13 wheels. If the freehub is the same as on the trs+ wheels I had then you might as well burn a wad of fifties.

strike
    Free Member

Crossmax Enduro – fantastic design and build, easy to maintain and very strong.

kimbers

all my mates with crossmaxes suffered rear hub failures, mavic were good with warranty, a year ago everyone had yellow wheels at UKGEs, now they are a rare sight

pinetree
    Free Member

I’m happy to call “bullsh*t” on the negative e-13 comments. I’ve been running a set for knocking on 3 years now, and they’ve been fantastic. I rebuilt the hubs on to a set of 650 rims when I made the switch, and the hubs are still going strong.
    Got a few mates using them too, none of whom have had problems or done anything beyond usual maintenance.

I’ve not used the Crossmax wheels. They’re probably very good, but I’ve not felt the need to switch from my TRS+

Added bonus, they sound a bit like this 😀

munrobiker
    Free Member

I ride with two people with the E13s- they got them on YT Capras last year and both are on their third freehub. Very, very unreliable wheels.

sparkyrhino

Yup hate to admit it mine my trs+ freehub springs just disintergrated after 6 months I mean 2 of the 3 just turned to rusty mush.lucky to have a set in supplied xd freehub(because there out of stock).clean and grease once a month now.
    PS anyone now of any supplies of said springs/pawls I would be very greatfull.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you looked at the Crossmax XLs?

Look like a better option for mountains IMO. Or the DT Swiss 1501 Spline One?

Those are my wishlist options anyway.

andyrm
    Free Member

Had some TRS-Rs to test – dead in 5 months. Freehub started to go quieter after 3 months, now slipping, front hub bearings worn out, spokes lost all tension very quickly.

Rims seem ok though.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Neither have great reputations for reliability.

I would get dt240 hubs and rims to suit the intended use. Easy to get parts and hubs well proven.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

If you take a look at the YT industries UK Facebook, the e13s are continually slated. Mavics ok, but take a look at Roval Traverse fatties, 30mm internal gives a great wide tyre, and grip

blahblahblah
    Free Member

For the E13 TRS+ users,

I wore the bearings out in my rear hub. I contacted Silverfish directly and got a full new, redesigned rear hub fitting kit.

2 uprated bearings, new bearing spacer, pawls and springs. FOC within 24 hours of contact. Boosh, you can’t do better than that.

I had heard the stories of bad sealing and pawl failure so when I first got them I stripped and liberally greased them. I’ve had zero problems until the bearings wore out.

I would admit that the sealing is very poor at the freehub. I probably wouldn’t buy a pair of them by choice, especially considering the RRP but they are perfectly OK to use until they die. I’ve had to live with much worse mountain biking products before.

I also appreciate that I am only one guy and everyone’s experiences, use and conditions vary.

I know a lot of people who have trashed the Mavics. They also seem to have a problem with the spokes seizing solid, making truing very difficult indeed.

zero-cool
    Free Member

The GF has a pair of these coming next week(ish) on her new Capra, what grease did you use blahblahblah? Was it regular grease, or a particular water resistant grease? Just want to be prepared. Her plan is to run them until they wear out and then swap them for some Hope Hubs when the time comes. Which is pretty much what we do with all our wheels.

Tom KP

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ethirteen tsr wheelset or crossmax enduro’ is closed to new replies.