Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ethirteen trs+/trsr combo painfully slow?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Is a trs+/trsr combo painfully slow?

Ran this setup for a bit, thought it was slow, went to a magic mary rock razor combo, just put the e13 back on.

Went for a ride, I think they feel slow….

Are they actually slow? Is my brain simply mis-translating the plentiful damping as slow rolling? The feel so settled like a dh tyre.

chiefgrooveguru

Find a friend with your old tyres on their bike and roll down a hill side by side?

beer247
    Free Member

I’ve gone from stock Mavic tyres on a Crossmax XL ltd wheelset – (can’t remember the names, but the rear was a semi slick) to E13 front and rear and actually feel a lot faster!

honourablegeorge

So you’re finding a soft knobbly winter tyre slower than a semi slick? What were you expecting?

deanfbm
    Free Member

I guess if we take a hrii or a dhr in exo casing as a reference rather than a rock razor.

See loads of people on the dhr or hrii setup, get a long just fine, like are these slow as expected or slow compared to an equivalent?

chiefgrooveguru

The DHR2 is amazingly fast for how knobbly it looks – it’s not that much slower than a Minion SS and far quicker than a Shorty.

I’ve only used an HR2 on the front and I find it hard to notice small differences in rolling speed on front tyres.

It may be a sonic thing – some tyres sound a lot slower than they are.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ethirteen trs+/trsr combo painfully slow?’ is closed to new replies.