Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ethics of Voucher deals
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I like to be a fair consumer – eg I do shop at CRC but I won’t have spent time looking at/discussing the products in my lbs.

Some voucher deals are incredible value, but can the businesses be making any money off them? If I have a dinner voucher I like to buy some booze and leave a decent tip.

What do y’all think? Am I too nice?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Al, you’ve always been too nice.

edlong
    Free Member

Do you think businesses sign up to voucher schemes because they feel they are making too much profit and would like to share some of it back with customers? Or that they are forced to sign up to them at gunpoint?

Or, perhaps, they see it as a way of increasing turnover / profit / no. of customers / shareholder value?

IHN

If I have a dinner voucher I like to buy some booze and leave a decent tip.

Generally, dinner vouchers get people through the doors on what would normally be quiet nights, so even if they only break even on the food it helps with cash flow.

And restaurants usually make the most money on booze anyway.

binners

Al. Don’t be naive. Everyone knows that companies only do voucher offers as a way of harvesting credit card details, to then sell on to Romanian Gangsters, who will use the now cloned cards to buy and sell arms to terrorists, then buy the vehicles used to traffic children into the west to be sold into slavery. By using them you are complicit in this. You bastard!!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

So its all down to market forces?

Thatcherites!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

each voucher is structured to make you spend more than you intended. ie £10 off £75 or £25 off 150. It’s all an effort to get a spend they normally wouldn’t get or to get you to add 1 more thing to the basket.

It’s nothing to do with your wellbeing and happiness Al 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ethics of Voucher deals’ is closed to new replies.