Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Estate Agents – Selling fees – Recent quotes?
  • oliverd1981
    Free Member

So, looking at moving, just had my first valuation.

The agent seemed like a decent chap, all the right sort of answers, and quoted 1.5% plus VAT. (on a £150 to 160k property if that has any bearing on it)

How does this compare the price anyone else has been given recently?

PiknMix
    Free Member

had 4 valuations 3 came in a 1.5% and the other one came in at 2%.

The hassle of an estate agent is doing my head in and if you have the time (i.e. not desperate to sell) with the amount of property websites and cheap graphic designers I would make my own for sale board and a few sales particulars and market it yourself for a while.

My estate agent is a pile of helmet smegma.

bensales
    Free Member

Four agents quoted on mine. Prices ranged from 225k to 245k.

All of them charged 1% + VAT.

Went with the one who valued at 235k, and sold 4 weeks later at 215k. Just exchanged yesterday in fact.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sounds about market rate (dependant on where you are). But make sure to ask all the agents you speak to what online services they use to market their homes (Prime Location, Rightmove etc). Rightmove is the market leader so be sure to chose an agent you are happy with and who advertises on Rightmove.

RV
    Free Member

Don’t start me on estate agents, they all want to sell your house but no one seems to want to sell you a house. they just want your house on the books. I negotiated a cash deal with an independent at .75% and have had plenty of viewings just waiting for that offer. I have seen places locally that will just list your house on right move and divert would be viewings to yourself for a fixed fee of under £500, which can’t be bad.
    There are plenty of agents out there wanting 1.5% plus.

Just ask your chosen agent for a lower rate. I did, they said yes and that meant I saved £1500 just for taking 30 seconds to ask one question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Estate Agents – Selling fees – Recent quotes?’ is closed to new replies.