Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Essex is pretty flat if I remember rightly
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Will be in saffend over the weekend and as Hadleigh is out of bounds (£45)
    Where is there to ride within an hours drive ?
    Also is there anywhere worth stopping on the way back to Bristol on Sunday?

Sidney
    Free Member

Epping forest or Danbury could be options. With the amount of rain we’ve had Epping will be quite boggy. Danbury is pretty mountainous for Essex. Some short runs with bombholes or a few cross country loops though nothing is marked.

chojin
    Free Member

Epping forest is miles away from Southend!
    If it were me, I’d download a gpx route for the local area and see where it takes me.

martinhutch

Langdon Hills Country Park just off the A13 near Basildon (shudder) has some bike trails and bridleways. Might be OK for a quick blast.

If you go around the south side of the M25, you’re reasonably close to the fabled Surrey Hills.

Sidney
    Free Member

I know epping is miles away but the brief was 1 hour. As long as he’s not cycling there then it’s doable in a car! 😆

bigdawg
    Free Member

Hadleigh £45?? I thought it was £25..

Having been on the course though would say its an eye opener, I tried riding it on a hard tail 100mm xc bike and… erm… failed!

Kryton57

I seem to be gaining more height in Essex on my road bike over the same distance as some of my Yorkshire based colleagues…

spacemonkey

Also is there anywhere worth stopping on the way back to Bristol on Sunday?

Head anti-clock round the M25 and you have the Surrey Hills off J8/9.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Essex is pretty flat if I remember rightly’ is closed to new replies.