Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Espresso machine fiddlers
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Got a Gaggia Coffee that’s probably on it’s last legs. The pump doesn’t seem to be shifting water through anywhere near as much as it should. Water still comes through but a single shot now takes about 5 mins which obviously makes a shit shot. I’ve soaked it in Cafiza and run it through a couple of times and run a couple of cycles of fresh clean water. I can’t backflush this model so it appears the pump is U/S. Can you still get parts for this or is it worth looking at replacing the machine with a Classic or Rancilio? It’s had 8 years of use / new gaskets etc. The water still comes through hot and the pump still makes the right sound. The only thing I can think of is there’s a blockage in a bit I can’t get to (but then surely the Cafiza would have sorted that?)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still in WA? Plenty of service centres for them. If your in the UK this lot do them
    http://www.gaggia.uk.com/#!/Repair-and-Service/c/4378375/offset=0&sort=normal

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah still here. I’m probably looking at more than the machine cost for a service + parts and in all honesty, that would be good ammo to convince the missus I need a new one 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Currys were doing delonghi bean to cup machines for £220 reduced from £350. I got one, more than happy, assuming that your machine is borked.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Take the brew group head apart, there are 2 small holes and a 2mm gap that was full of scale when I cleaned mine, I had to scrape it out with a chisel, no amount of descalling would have shifted that.
    If you take the lid off and unplug the pump to boiler hose you can easily tell if it’s shifting water or not*
    There’s loads of info onthe net about how to strip/clean them.

*water and electricity don’t mix! be careful.

T1000
    Free Member

any flexi (semi rigid)hoses feeding into the pump, I’ve had them become very pliable and partially colapse on a similar machine…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cheers CHL but I’m in Oz.

I’ll have a mess when I get some days off next.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Espresso machine fiddlers’ is closed to new replies.