Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Escape from Downton Abbey (DA) thread
  • nickingsley
    Free Member

I mean just how banal can it possibly get. My better half expects me to sit next to her and suffer DA in silence. It’s like being at the dentist driving your thumbnails into your 1st finger to take your mind off the pain. Even snidey comments are met with a fierce riposte – I just don’t remember any of this in the wedding vows……
    At least there are lots of v v long adverts to slip out and check for Delamere threads on STW.

My kingdon, my kingdom for a bl**dy good excuse to escape the drivel…… oh well MOTD 2 in 1/2hr.

PS I reckon Maggie Smith is taking the p**s 😀

racefaceec90

what’s downtown abbey?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

straight after x-factor too!

brakes
    Free Member

soooooo booooooooring.
    I keep saying “who’s that”, “what’s wrong with him” – wife just shrugs, but won’t admit it’s dross.

nickingsley
    Free Member

Good question racefaceec90. Difficult to describe really but it’s a similar sensation to being on a long hot summer’s ride and realising that you forgot to put the chamois cream on – mind you at least you can sit in a cold mountain stream and get some relief from that.

nickingsley
    Free Member

S**t, she’s realised I’m not in the room………gtg

santacoops
    Free Member

I just found myself saying “phnworfnorfnoorff-furff-phworffnorrfwarffnoffoorrr” in my wife’s face just then. I hate Downton Abbey.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Escape from Downton Abbey (DA) thread’ is closed to new replies.