Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Escape Create – The Athertons
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Just watching this on Red Bull tv to inspire me to get out there this afternoon. Am just wondering about the legality of the trail building Dan does. So according to the narrative they just ‘found’ this awesome mountain and ‘had’ to build a trail. Can you just do that?

jimjam
    Free Member

ohnj2000
    Can you just do that?

Yes. Just don’t get caught.

johnj2000
    Free Member

But o can see them on the telly box doing it!!!!!!!! I have caught them

zero-cool
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure they would have sought permission before building, or at least before putting it on film for the world to see. They’ve always worked with landowners before

iolo
    Free Member

In the past, they allegedly broke locks and destroyed gates (15 years ago). Hopefully, things have changed.

teenrat

Not seen the program, but is the ‘narrative’ about hardline? I went to hardline and was talking to the farmer who is the landowner. He was quite happy and everything is done with permission. I asked him if Dan Atherton can do what he wants and the farmer said yes.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Fair enough then. I might ask one of our local landowners, I am sure it will go along the same lines 🙂

Speshpaul

I don’t think Red Bull would pour a crap load of money in to it, if it wasn’t above board.

moose
    Free Member

Speshpaul, I imagine that is what may have led to the aforementioned landowner being so accommodating. 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Escape Create – The Athertons’ is closed to new replies.