Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • eSata external drive?
  • richmars

Is this any good?

Apart from needing mains (well, a dc psu).

retro83
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Retro83 – saw that option but it looks more expensive…. Should shop about a bit more tho.

Yeah, that was just the first one I found. Approx 60mb/s though, USB gives approx 30mb/s but you can get 2tb for £65 if you shop around.

MrSmith
    Free Member

That makes sense. Can you get anything that writes to two drives at the same time, sort of portable raid set up that uses something plugged in?

Yes there are dual mobile SSD drives available for raid speed and I presume jbod can be used with these. G-tech make them as do others. As for the scratch speed question it depends on what drives are available, with sata III and that give the fastest in/out speed. Maybe a small raptor type conventional drive(s) or sataIII SSD,s in a raid setup.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bought the Verbatim USB2.0/eSata one. It’s a bit big, and has an external psu but I may be able to fix that with a eSatap power splitter cable.

Coped a 390MB file in seconds at 53MB/s reported on windows explorer, which was nice.

Started my Photoshop Elements catalogue backup and it’s 66Gb. However it’s one big file, which is a bit of a shame since I can’t then work on the backup on the disk, but oh well. I could just as easily use a backup util to copy the files seperately though.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘eSata external drive?’ is closed to new replies.