Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Err have Google turned off Picasa…?
  • n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Quick test from me, my skinny bike.

I can see Stoner’s map image on my Nexus.

Drac

Only one I can see is hosted on imgur.

Stoner
    Free Member

Weird. And annoying. Since all my photos are taken on my phone and automatically uploaded to Google photos, I want to be able to use it as a host. Need to find some reliable work round

5thElefant
    Free Member

Android and chrome. The only image I can see in this thread is the last map one from stoner

Same here, but can see them all. I am logged into my Google account which might explain it.

Can’t see n0b0dy0ftheg0at’s though.

Edit: can’t see any using Firefox. I’m going to bet that you need to be logged into a Google account.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Weird. And annoying. Since all my photos are taken on my phone and automatically uploaded to Google photos, I want to be able to use it as a host. Need to find some reliable work round

Flickr will do that for you.

Stoner
    Free Member

That might be it elefant

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am logged into my Google account in Chrome on iOS FWIW.

Stoner
    Free Member

Let’s try this, it’s imgur

It’s supposed to be upside down BTW no it isn’t, different pic

Stoner
    Free Member

So I think from now on I shall upload images to imgur for sharing. Bit of a pain having to add the step but it looks like Google have completely given up on public image hosting

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Its still less hassle than it used to be using Google/Picasa even when that worked though – far more steps added with Google. In fact it’s barely more hassle than using Google would be even if it worked properly. Personally I went that way ages ago.

My pics are all still automatically uploaded to Google for archiving rather than relying on Imgur for that – I only use Imgur for hotlinking.

Stoner
    Free Member

Aye. That’s the plan.
    I’ve just been vacillating. Old dog, abracadabra etc etc

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Still confused as to what is going on with Google Photos and getting them to show in forums.

If you right-click the image box in my earlier post, from when I was out and about on my Nexus7 and click “open image in new tab,” for me it then shows the shared folder containing just my skinny Wazoo.

CountZero

That last pic of the map hosted on Imgur is the only one that’s shown up on my pad with the latest version of iOS 9.

scotroutes

Anyone see this?

I think you have to have any image you want to share in a Public album

Drac

A map of the Cairngorms? No, I can’t see it.

scotroutes

Damn!

StirlingCrispin

Scotroutes – I am on a Chromebook and can see a map of the Cairngorms.

I have been using Picasa for years and am mightly pissed off with what Google have done with this – they’ve stripped functionality from what was an excellent service.

GrahamS

I generally use https://postimage.org for posting images here.
    Quick and simple to use. No login required (unless you want to keep control of the image).

DezB
    Free Member

I just used to tinyurl the Google photo url, doesn’t that work anymore?

Seems to

scotroutes

Rugby!!

I think it only works if it comes from an Album marked as Public (and I don’t think you can create one of those now)

DezB
    Free Member

I see… ok, new album created (with difficulty, it’s a very un-user friendly site now. I’ve got my mate from Google on facebook.. I’ll ask him to get it fixed!

Can ye see the spidder?

DezB
    Free Member

Official word is Google Photos is replacing Picasa (which is getting shut down). They haven’t got all the functionality in place yet.

scotroutes

That process has been under way for some time.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Months…

DezB
    Free Member

But can you see the spideR?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes (on chrome and Firefox).

scotroutes

Yep

DezB
    Free Member

Oh, cool. Google Photos works the same as it did before then.
    Don’t know why I’m concerned, I use photobucket anyway 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I can see the spider too, but not most of the other images posted.

BTW the easy way to check if other people can see your pic (at least if they’re using the same browser, though I don’t think it’s often browser specific) is to try opening the page in incognito mode if your browser has one of those.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Err have Google turned off Picasa…?’ is closed to new replies.