Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • ernie_lynch what does this man do for a living?
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

After seeing a couple of mega posts on political threads I demand to know what this man does for a living?

No one can write so much and hold down a job at the same time, unless STW is employing him as an agent provocateur.

I think there’s a connection between Ernie and the Infinite Number of Monkeys theory: I think there’s an infinite number of Ernies who, given a working day, can completely fill up a forum.

Moses

I “think” that Ernie is a carpenter by trade, may be unemployed at the moment.

IF he is who I think he is, he’s a very bright & self-effacing, self-educated man. But with unkempt hair.

richc
    Free Member

considering your name, and what you’ve typed, he’s not Jesus is he?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If he is Jesus he’s toughened up his attitude a bit

richc
    Free Member

well wouldn’t have you! last time he was about he got crucified for his liberal views.

ton

wtf is ernie-lynch anyway…………. 😉

tyger
    Free Member

‘Che Guevara’s’ real name was Ernie Lynch – well, Ernesto Guevara-Lynch, to give him his full name. ‘Che’ was what his mates called him in Fidel’s insurgency.

psychle
    Free Member

every time I see his name I confuse it with Merrill-lynch, don’t know why 🙄

julianwilson
    Free Member

[foil hat] given the frequency and rapidity with which he pops into arguments, I often wonder if he is a pseudo-login shared by several regular posters. [/foil hat]

or GrizzlyGus.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve decided to answer the question after all……… since it was asked. Although I have never before openly admitted on here exactly what I do for a living ……. it has always been my little secret.

LOL @ ‘Che is Jesus’ !

Yes ernie_lynche and grizzlygus are just one person. And no, I don’t employ a ‘google-trained’ team of people to write my posts !

I am as Moses says, a humble carpenter with simple needs – I’m sure Jesus would have approved 😉 Sadly I can’t work miracles, which something many site agents who have screwed up fail to understand and want to crucify me for.

And no I’m not unemployed although unsurprisingly, my work has been very spasmodic recently. Two weeks ago I had no work for 6 days – the forum got a lot of posts from me then ! I have probably got work for most of next week, don’t know about after that.

he’s a very bright & self-effacing, self-educated man. But with unkempt hair.

LOL @ “very bright ” & “self-educated man” !

You are wrong – I am neither “very bright ” nor a “self-educated man”. Although I will probably concede on “unkempt hair” ! 😯

Although it would be fair to point out that even by my standards, I am at the present experiencing unseasonally long hair …..on account that I can’t be arsed to make an appointment to get it cut. Still, I’m sure that Che would have approved. As indeed Jesus would have approved of the scarf, which originates from a land once known as Judea.

That photo was taken about a month ago when I was sitting at a friends kitchen table and she picked up a camera and snapped it. I don’t like it as I’ve got a stupid grin which is rather untypical – I’m normally a right miserable **** who doesn’t like his photo taken. Still, it’s the only mugshot which exists of me on the net.

To go back to ‘very bright’ & ‘self-educated man’. I want to nail that, not because I am ‘self-effacing’ but because it suggests a serious misconception. And understanding why it is misconception is to me very important.

Although I’m not stupid, I am of unremarkable average intelligence. For example I’m really quite good at my job, but not because I am ‘clever’, but because I have the right tools and I have been taught how to use them correctly. If I post stuff on here which appears ‘well thought out’ (as someone once said) this only because I have had the great fortune to have been taught throughout my life, by great teachers. All my core beliefs stem from those people, nothing is self-taught.

Whilst great political and scientific theories are invariably formulated over a life time by geniuses, you don’t to be particularly intelligent to understand them. For example I was taught the theory of evolution when I was about 9 years old, despite the fact that it took a genius a life time to work it out. Great theories are so often ‘self-evident truths’. Once you understand the basic theory (such as evolution) you can build on it and come to your own logical conclusions, without being a genius. I think this is particularly true of politics. You just need the right tools.

My ‘political education’, taught by others, not ‘self-taught’, gave me the tools to be able to think freely for myself and come to my own conclusions. Something which I find truly liberating and something which I will always be very grateful for.

As far as my “mega posts on political threads” are concerned rogerthecat, I doubt whether they require as much effort as you perhaps imagine. True, typing is a problem as I possess no office skills – I type with one finger of one hand only ! But I suspect that I don’t put as much thought into it as you might imagine. You see I am fortunate in that what I do for a living, doesn’t require much in the way of intellectual thought leaving me therefore with plenty of spare capacity. So whilst many sitting in their office muddling their heads with trivial nonsense, I am on top of scaffolding swinging a hammer pondering more pressing and urgent problems, such as how to achieve world peace and the emancipation of the proletariat 8)

User names ? Well grizzlygus was a nickname given to me in my teens – after a character in the Beano comic. Some of my childhood friends still call me ‘Gus’.

And yes, ernie_lynch is Che. Che doesn’t mean that much to me – well not as much as some might expect. But there is a strong affinity with Che. Although 12 year older, my father brought up in the same town as Ernesto Guevara (I have an elderly aunt who says Guevara was one of her pupils when she was a science teacher) Like Guevara my father would have talked endlessly about his disdain for Fascism. Like him he decided that just talking wasn’t enough. However unlike Guevara who completed his studies first, my father was still a teenager when went to the other side of the world to fight a Fascist dictatorship. After the defeat of the Spanish Republic my father was placed in a concentration camp. From there he escaped with an Argentine Jewish friend (his friend who like Che was an Argentine doctor, later in life was sent by the World Health Organisation to Cuba as an administration expert to help them build their health service) However father was fully aware that Spain was just the prelude to the big war against Italian and German Fascists, so in 1940 he came to Britain as a volunteer to join the Free French Airforce.

Like my father, Guevara spoke fluent French (although not as well as my father who spoke it as a child) To hear Guevara speak in French with an Argentine accent reminds me of my father – my father always preferred speaking to me in French.

French interview of Che

Furthermore, my father would often call me ‘che’. ‘Che’ is a term of endearment which Argentines use a lot. I find it difficult to give an exact translation but my father used it as in ‘hey you’ but in an affectionate way. I guess similar to how the yanks say ‘dude’. He would often use it to express disbelief. Only the Argentines use it (and Uruguayans – who are very similar) and as a result, other Latin Americans tend to give all Argentines the nickname ‘che’. Guevara was Argentine and would have continuously called his Cubans comrades ‘che’ so it was invariable that they would end up calling him ‘El Che’

ernie-lynch on STW means “Che lives!”

“If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.” — Che Guevara

tankslapper
    Free Member

“If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.” — Che Guevara

…..and you don’t have many friends…..

Stoner
    Free Member

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice…

then you’ve probably got Parkinsons.

evnin’ Gus.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..and you don’t have many friends….

“It’s a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.” — Che Guevara

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re older than I thought, but that’s an interesting story about your dad…what’s his story then? Was it Argentina he went to fight in?

tyger
    Free Member

So what brings you on here – Che?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

that’s an interesting story about your dad…what’s his story then?

LOL ! Too long, far too long. And I don’t even know it all – I’m still finding stuff now nearly 20 years after his death. My father was a raconteur, but some things he buried. That’s how people cope with pain.

tankslapper
    Free Member

ernie

Do you quote Che, like always?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A beer sometime then maybe…I can talk about wood a fair bit. Unfortunately, parents haven’t had very much happen to them.

Funny, I wish I’d known my grandfather better. He fought for the “old” IRA, something I didn’t know until he died and was buried with a Tricolour on his coffin with the whole 21 gun salute etc. It’s only in the last few years I’ve heard about some of the escapades during the civil war and the fight against the Black and Tans.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No Slapper, I do other quotes too. Give me a subject …..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Well I did ask!!
    Fascinating life story fella.
    Hope the work keeps coming in.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ernie_lynch what does this man do for a living?’ is closed to new replies.