Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Erm, should we be worried yet?
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Worked with a Russian business for a while, most of the Russians I encountered were well educated and not stupid but they all moaned about new Russia – drugs unemployment crime alcohol abuse etc and most said life for most people under the old regime was probably better – the value of freedom of speech (which really doesn’t exist I Russia) is rapidly out weighed by being cold, unemployed and living in a ghetto.

The average Russian is not the average European – they will put up with lots more shit than we will, as someone pointed out it’s the handful of rich Russians who will end Putins time in office but at the moment he is loved by the majority of ordinary Russians and more importantly lots of satellite Russian speaking peoples – contrary to western media few of the people in these states aspire to be European. They view us as arrogant and weak willed.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t have booked that Baltic cruise on Cunard this summer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Lusitania

mega
    Free Member

Putin could take the west single handed

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s a natural occurrence with mankind culling themselves so no big deal.

Ya, according to scientific logic that’s what mankind do.

If you are going to die or your time is up then nothing can prevent you from dying.

Why worry or why want to prolong your life after all dying is part of living.

🙄

piemonster

They view us as arrogant and weak willed.

Well..to be fair…we are better than them…

…maybe…oh whatever

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

There’s always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

chewkw
    Free Member

piemonster – Member

They view us as arrogant and weak willed.

Well..to be fair…we are better than them…

…maybe…oh whatever [/quote]

I see no reason why mankind should not wipe each other out as quickly as possible …

slowoldman

I knew chewkw would be here shortly as the voice of reason to reassure us all.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

I knew chewkw would be here shortly as the voice of reason to reassure us all.

:mrgreen:

Someone think of the wild life please …

slowoldman

Oh the wild life will get along just fine without us.

DaRC_L

yes but it’s the damage we do in passing that’s the problem

zippykona

Do you think Putin has repressed issues? Does he need a good bumming?

hora
    Free Member

Do you think Putin has repressed issues? Does he need a good bumming?

Careful, comrade Junkyard will be making a list of people to be arrested.

Junkyard, if you are reading this I think Putin is supa-ace.

nickc

Have you seen his approval ratings? The Russian population seems inordinately impressed with him waving his willy about

Remember, everything coming to the western media from Russia is controlled by the Kremlin.

hora
    Free Member

So complete lies then.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

On a semi-related note, did anyone else get a “Major Emergencies” Leaflet through their door this week? Dover council distributed one, and after reading the ST about our possible new V-bomber force and Russian rearmament, I ended up staring at it with a wibbly tummy and thoughts of emigrating.

badnewz
    Free Member

People blaming Russia need their heads tested.
    The blame falls on the EU and their muscle NATO for setting up camp in what should have been left as buffer zones after the fall of the Soviet Union. They are the real aggressors in the long term.
    We are also on the precipice of another financial crisis, thanks again to the EU and its utopian idea and reckless enforcement of the single currency.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Careful, comrade Junkyard will be making a list of people to be arrested.

Don’t tell him, Pike.

piemonster

They are the real aggressors in the long term.
    We are also on the precipice of another financial crisis, thanks again to the EU and its utopian idea and reckless enforcement of the single currency.

To be honest. IMHO.

Both parties in this are *****

Russia pathetic desire to dominate it’s near abroad is as bad as reckless western encroachment. If either side had any sense they’d **** off and stop behaving like pricks. Doesn’t seem likely.

The strong do what they can, the weak suffer what they must. Or whatever it is.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

Exactly. Less mankind means more wild life.

:mrgreen:

DaRC_L – Member

yes but it’s the damage we do in passing that’s the problem[/quote]

I am sure they will regenerate provided that no mankind is in the area.

badnewz – Member

The blame falls on the EU and their muscle NATO for setting up camp in what should have been left as buffer zones after the fall of the Soviet Union. They are the real aggressors in the long term.

^^^ This.

EU & NATO are playing slowly slowly catchy monkey.

😮

ahwiles
    Free Member

‘ang on a minute!

that, up their ^.

The fabulous Mr Putin, holding a pistol thingy in his right hand, but looking with his left eye?

raised as i was, on a diet of shitey action movies, i feel qualified to question:

is that how you’re meant to do it?

tpbiker
    Free Member

went out on a date with a girl from Latvia at the weekend. Some of her anti western vitriol was an eye opener. She saw herself as Russian and saw any latvian that didn’t consider themselves russian as ‘vermin’.

She also hated America, was adamant that 9.11 was a cia conspirasy, Bin Laden never existed, and the moon landings were staged.

Stangely enough all this craziness didn’t for one moment put me off the thought of smashing her little communist back doors in…

CountZero

Tire of it? Have you seen his approval ratings? The Russian population seems inordinately impressed with him waving his willy about. Whether that holds as the economy collapses, we’ll have to wait and see. But invading places is going down a storm.

Ironic considering how homophobic Russians appear to be, with such a blatantly homo-erotic leader.
    I also find rather ironic the Russian/Soviet rhetoric accusing the West of being Empire-building Imperialists, while openly indulging in precisely the same practices themselves.

slowoldman

went out on a date with a girl from Latvia at the weekend. Some of her anti western vitriol was an eye opener. She saw herself as Russian and saw any latvian that didn’t consider themselves russian as ‘vermin’.

I bet there are Latvians who think she is vermin

She also hated America, was adamant that 9.11 was a cia conspirasy, Bin Laden never existed, and the moon landings were staged.

Well we have plenty of those types over here – well on this forum to be exact.

Stangely enough all this craziness didn’t for one moment put me off the thought of smashing her little communist back doors in…

Yes, introduce her to the charm of the West.

edward2000
    Free Member

Whats the best way to stimulate an economy? War!!!! Russia’s economy will be hurt with the demise in value of their only real asset – oil.

Since Russia have been sending planes in our direction i’ve always thought they have been testing our air defence reactions, akin to espionage.

I think it has the potential to escalate, but seeing as i cant control or influence the situation im more concerned about what im going to have for tea.

chewkw
    Free Member

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

😈

Bazz

And, did you?

Nobby

On a semi-related note, did anyone else get a “Major Emergencies” Leaflet through their door this week? Dover council distributed one, and after reading the ST about our possible new V-bomber force and Russian rearmament, I ended up staring at it with a wibbly tummy and thoughts of emigrating.

Did you also hear a rumour that the trawler that sank “too quickly” on 31/1 was dragged under by a Russian sub?

They’re coming……….

h1jjy
    Free Member

I won’t worry until someone tries to invade us. Then we are f**ked.
    Don’t have any kind of aircraft carrier also very few planes and none of them would land on a carrier if we get one. Good job the Argentines haven’t worked that one out yet.

Lets hope the nuclear subs take them out before anyone does invade us

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Aaaand as if by magic – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31530840

Pretty normal. Nato does it to China all the time.

Don’t have any kind of aircraft carrier also very few planes and none of them would land on a carrier if we get one. Good job the Argentines haven’t worked that one out yet.

Don’t worry, the Russians don’t have a D-Day sized amphibious fleet that would allow them to invade England. And the Argies military only exists on paper.

This thread is funny as hell.

spursn17
    Free Member

+1

The Russians are very sensitive to any potential aggressors approaching their borders, understandable after the pasting they took in the first couple of years after Germany invaded in WWII. The USSR provided their buffer zones, now that’s all gone they’re a bit edgy.

Don’t know how we reckon we can do anything though, too many cuts to HM armed forces to be effective in any major conflict.

jimster01

The RAF were out practicing over Malvern airspace most of last night,don’t think they’re taking any chances. 😕

muddydwarf
    Free Member

These Russian bears flitting around the place, what do the RAF interceptors actually do when they catch them?
    Do they lock on weapons systems to give the Russian crew a fright? can’t imagine an old bear bomber can defend itself against a Typhoon’s weapons systems.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Probably just razz about on the afterburners whilst the Russians wave them on/ pull moonies.

Let’s face it, nobody will be going out looking for trouble (on a personal level) but orders are orders.

Remember reading a story from a retired US navy chief that during the cold war they deliberately used to use pop music for comms jamming so they could record it and when carrying out direct interdictions would display a collection of grot on the canopies for the recon photographers.

Klunk
    Free Member
    stewartc
    Free Member

At time like this I like being under the protective umbrella of the PLA, a crap army, but jesus, theres a lot of them.
    NATO’s worth will be when the Russian try it on with Latvia or Lithuania, if they get away with that then it will all collapse or worse, the Germans will take it on themselves to not be kicked around, that always works out well.

Mat

When all these stories about being buzzed by Bears comes out it makes me think of this book I read a few years ago:

By Any Means Necessary

It was very interesting, I’d recommend it if you’ve an interest in that kind of thing. A real shame to think of all the guys who died/languished in prison.

I wonder how much of this we still do and is this what the Russians are up to now?

piemonster

http://www.sadanduseless.com/2013/11/russian-dating-sites/

Actually this is a bit frightening 😕

TheFlyingOx
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Erm, should we be worried yet?’ is closed to new replies.