Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Erm, no kidding…!!!
  • loddrik
    Free Member
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Can’t belive anyone even cares about the England footy team anymore. They’re **** useless, I’m a Spain fan these days.

pingu66
    Free Member

Rubbish they let it happen and you can’t undo it. I only watch to see how embarassingly bad and under achieving we can now be.

binners

I’m genuinely shocked!

I love footy! But I couldn’t give a toss about England. I haven’t bothered watching them for years. I’ve always struggled to support any team with Ashley Cole or John Terry in, but the absolutely abysmal performance in the last World Cup was the final straw for me. It was embarrassing just how truly awful they were! To call them Sunday League would flatter them!

We don’t stand a chance of winning owt with Woy either. He seems a nice enough bloke, but his tactical development stopped about 1973. Rigid 4-4-2 hoofing long balls up front isn’t how teams that actually win stuff play really, is it?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

What happened to the passion seen from Pearce and Adams way back when, at least they seemed bothered, even if they were a pair of carthorses.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

You’ve got to love Greg Dyke’s positive attitude towards the team:

“It doesn’t mean we can’t do well in Brazil as long as we qualify.”

“I don’t think anyone realistically thinks we are going to win the World Cup in Brazil.”

Basically, as I understand it, even the FA boss thinks that the England team are crap! The fact that they seem to think that having an FA commission aimed at improving the teams’ long term success makes me think that they don’t really have a clue what to do!

You’d think that if British Cycling can get some decent coaches in and turn our national squad into one of, if not the best in the world then the FA should be able to do the same for the bunch of overpaid fairies they have playing for the national team.

binners

British Cycling cleared out all the people who’d consistently failed to deliver for years, and started from scratch with a clean slate, and an open mind. Can you see that happening at the FA? Too many vested interests, protecting their overpaid lifestyle, with too much money at stake

D0NK

You’d think that if British Cycling can get some decent coaches in and turn our national squad into one of, if not the best in the world

We suck at our national sport and yet that highly annoying passtime that a few freaks in weird clothes keep banging on about and seemingly 90% of the public despise, we do rather well at. Bizarre.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

90% of the public are brain dead football supporters though.

Get them in lycra and get them out on the roads. It’d expand their minds.

Then they wouldnt have to worry about names of towns and cities/men they don’t know/numbers of money/kicking a pigs bladder into a net

john_drummer
    Free Member

The last time I enjoyed watching England, we were the hosts

Rockape63
    Free Member

Does anyone have any idea who our 1st eleven is any more? What with countless injuries and withdrawals before EVERY match, poor old Woy hasn’t been able to pick more than half a dozen first choices every time.

warton
    Free Member

You’d think that if British Cycling can get some decent coaches in and turn our national squad into one of, if not the best in the world

Not really comparable is it. track cyclists ride track for team GB, they tend not to have professional teams vying for their time, like pro footballers do.

the road team is mainly team sky riders, who also sponsor team GB, and is run by the same people so again, not a huge conflict of interests

binners

Does anyone have any idea who our 1st eleven is any more? What with countless injuries and withdrawals before EVERY match, poor old Woy hasn’t been able to pick more than half a dozen first choices every time.

Be honest… if you were a decent player, and about to get a call up to the present England squad, wouldn’t you suddenly develop some mystery groin injury? Instead of risking a real one while grinding out some tedious draw, or possible loss to Moldova? As most of the decent players seem too

ian martin
    Free Member

As long as the premier league keeps spending the most of any league in the world on foreign players England will not win anything. What happened to the youth academy that the FA set up? Has that failed or is there a few gems in the works that the FA know about that might be matured nicely for let’s say 2020?

Garry_Lager

Rockape63 – Member

Does anyone have any idea who our 1st eleven is any more? What with countless injuries and withdrawals before EVERY match, poor old Woy hasn’t been able to pick more than half a dozen first choices every time. Current state of the prem means that if you’re English and a regular starter you’re more likely than not to have an England cap. It’s slim pickings for old Roy.

The Belgians are a good team to watch develop atm – a country all cyclists can surely support. Fielding a mile and a half of talent, but not quite there yet as a really strong side. Should do well at WC14 (assuming it’s not a complete sun-stroke lottery), but prob the next tournaments would be the ones where they can take charge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Erm, no kidding…!!!’ is closed to new replies.