Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ergon bike grips/ends…should i ??
  • catnap
    Free Member

hi good people, been looking on merlin website and they have some ergon grips with intergrated bar ends at a good price.what i want to know is are they any good? i quite like bar ends but not sure about these, anybody use em?

trail_rat
    Free Member

firmly in the yes camp here

Did my first enduro without them in 3 years at 10 under the ben trying to save weight and ive never had such beat up hands (using Easton EC90 stem and Lock on ruffian grips)

so went back to what i know and got some ergon GX1s

Weigh about 10 times as much as foam grips but comfort is above and beyond what any foam grip can give ! (IMHO anyway)

one tip is no matter what size of hands you have for mtb use small ergons

got ones without bar ends on my commuter the gc1s on my SS and the gx1s on my racebike

All off the back of the guy at ergon giving me a test pair for a race and i didnt want to give them back.

catnap
    Free Member

hi trailrat
    thanks for the advice, sounds good.think i might just order myself a pair then, and looking at your pic they look nice also
    cheers

sharki
    Free Member

Tried them when i became a single speeder to help on the climbs, but became a dangerous foe as they had a tendency to hook up to every piece of greenery on the single track and make me go off piste.

They lastest 2 rides, not for me i’m afraid.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Tried them when i became a single speeder to help on the climbs, but became a dangerous foe as they had a tendency to hook up to every piece of greenery on the single track and make me go off piste.”

surely thats just bar ends in general. a grip doesnt do that ergon or not !

belgianbob

I had them for a year or so, and they made a big difference to my nerve pain/ numb hands, especially on long rides.
    They do tend to catch all the tralside veg though, so if you run wide bars you might bring home a bag of mixed salad after every ride…

ampthill

Why the catch I don’t know, but they do. I’ve never crashed from a bar end hooking, I have with these

THey didn’t help mt wrist as they fix the rotation of your hands. So standing kind of bent my wrists back

Not a bad product, just didn’t work for me

sharki
    Free Member

Was mearly saying i’d tried them and why i did’t get on with them…

As for comfort and effectiveness on the climbs, yes they work.

blades2000
    Free Member

Fiancee has a set on one bike and has just had me install a set on her new bike, says they make an amazing difference.

I have tried them, they are ok but don’t ride them often enough to be converted.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve found that they’re very popular with the “older” gent.

Kramer
    Free Member

I think that they’re really good. It does take a bit of time and effort and fiddling to get them set up properly.

catnap
    Free Member

I’ve found that they’re very popular with the “older” gent.

YES thats me !!

druidh
    Free Member

😆

haddock
    Free Member

Love em, stopped the really sharp pain I used to get in my hand. I have two pairs with the bar ends and one bike with the ones without, and I do miss the bar ends when i’m on that bike.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ergon bike grips/ends…should i ??’ is closed to new replies.