Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ergon Backpacks-Are they any good?
  • slparsons
    Free Member

I don’t want or need a hydration pack.

I like the look of this ERGON BC2 pack and the concept of getting the load away from my body and the pivoting system.

Are they comfy and well built, or are they overpriced German engineering?

Cheers,
    Steve

The-Beard

I got one of the BC3 packs last year for commuting and bivvy trips. I think they’re excellent bags. Quite heavy, but they do take the load off your back and onto your hips really well. I have often forgot that I have a heavy bag on! It’s been used and abused and held up really well. Could do with pockets on the hip belt but other than that no complaints. Used it on a multi day bivvy trip and it was excellent. Stable when riding technical sections, the load wasn’t even that noticeable after a few days. They are pricey but worth it I reckon.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup, work really well IMO, very comfy, but little point on short trips etc as the pack tiself is fairly heavy.

nickhart
    Free Member

Love mine, like the other posters it feels a little heavy to pick up but when it’s on and in use it’s brilliant. It allows more air through on my shoulders than a traditional pack. My only bugbear is the lack of a pocket on the waistband, but I bought a kriega pocket.
    Check you get the right size and make sure the ball in the joint is tight so it doesn’t come undone.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

ask richardtoddywoddy on here. He’s the UK Brand Manager.

slparsons
    Free Member

Cheers Guys,
    I think I’ll press the button.
    ATB
    Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ergon Backpacks-Are they any good?’ is closed to new replies.