Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Epping/Redbridge
  • Kryton57

Crikey, quite a gang turning up! Right, im using Epicsteves bright orange car as a reference, see you all there.

stuarthatfield
    Free Member

If you need a group for Epping ride ,we ride from Heales cycles there is two groups there 9am sharp fast ish and medium no one knows Epping better as we also do some trail building aswell you must have a helmet ,there are some nice down hill sections or xc single track or killer climbs if you know where to look rarely touch horse tracks , I have just been on an afternoon blast conditions today fast but a little greasy on some corners ps
    ,you must have a sense of humour .

Kryton57

no one knows Epping better

Even those of us that have been riding around for 20 years?

as we also do some trail building as well

I hope you have permission, that kind of thing has been viewed badly and even removed in the past. But you would know that, right? As a non maintained “natural” shared public area, CoL frowns upon ecological damage beyond the existing trails and anything not natural that might pose a risk to the public.

Best leave it alone for us all to enjoy.

stuarthatfield
    Free Member

You assumed to much so all we have done is moved fallen debris on the trails no digging or up rooting of anything so wind your neck in we all live in hope ,I hope all the dog walker would clear their mess up .

Kryton57

Ok, so perhaps use the correct vocabulary? “Trail Building” is different from “moved fallen debris”. And with the greatest respect perhaps you might take a look back at your writing style before you ask me to wind my neck in.

I’m sure you chaps are doing a good thing offering people the opportunity to enjoy the forest trails in a guided manner, but equally that comes with a responsibility to respect the By-laws especially as you are promoting a commercial premises and their reputation by association.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Proof it did happen!

Very impressed with the quality of riding although rather less impressed with my own lack of fitness and technique, so decided to bail at the half way mark and make my own way back to let the rest of the guys have some fun. Really enjoyed it though!

Big thanks to Kryton57 for showing us round and also a big thanks to the guys for waiting for me so I didn’t get lost in what looks a very complicated network of trails!

Quite a few SingletrackWorld cliches on display as well – when knightsolaire pulled up with an impressive beard and a rigid singlespeed, tonto correctly identified him as having to be from the forum. I was just disappointed that his car wasn’t an Audi and he doesn’t work in IT…

I was the representing the fat, slow, middle aged IT guy cliche!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Some video from the ride:
    [video]https://youtu.be/PoCeT5ou4Ws[/video]

knightsolaire
    Free Member

Nice to meet everyone today, cracking ride. Thanks to Kryton for leading, sorry you had to bail early epicsteve glad you enjoyed it though.

I might actually be getting an Audi btw haha. No chance of a job in IT though…

shermer75
    Free Member

Is that Pole Hill? Looks like you had a great ride! Nice one! 🙂

Kryton57

I enjoyed meeting you all and the excellent ride, thanks for coming along, it was my pleasure to guide you around!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Is that Pole Hill? Looks like you had a great ride! Nice one!

I had no idea where we were at any point!

Still debating whether to post the video of my embarrassing off into a boggy stream…

Kryton57

Please do, I missed it 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

Here’s the video with my off at the end – not very spectacular, more of an undignified fall off to the side really!
    [video]https://youtu.be/iqUBtpEXwv4[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Epping/Redbridge’ is closed to new replies.