Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Epping Forest
  • rocketbike
    Free Member

Fancy as change from the local singletrack and was considering Epping Forest for a blast.

Is it easy to find your way around there and are the tracks any good?

Couldn’t seem to find much on here when I searched.

Kryton57

Right now, it’s like Return of The Jedi forest bike scene, fast hectic swooping through trees on dusty singletrack. , it’s a blast and very dry. You will be able to find trails but it’s not way marked, and joining them up is the real trick which will require local knowledge. One you do, you can do about 70k and never ride the same trails if you wanted to.

If be happy to guide as its my locale and I live down the road, but I’m not about until after next Tuesday.

Wally

Go to Carl’s tea hut at High Beach and buy a hand drawn map. (I did this 10 years ago – might be all gone now!)Take a compass and you will never really get lost, google maps will also pull you out of trouble. High Beach to Whipps is a good hour blast at the moment. Also, loads of groups just meet and ride, you could always just ask nicely and hang on one.

Start at High Beech, head south. if lost head north west and slightly up – you will hit High Beech.

thetallman
    Free Member

I can highly recommend these 🙂

Guided rides in Epping Forest.

rocketbike
    Free Member

Thanks all!

Kryton – thats great have sent you an email to the one in your profile. Hope its the correct one?
    Mine is ok if you want to contact me that way instead. Prefer not to list mobile on here.

Robbie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Epping Forest’ is closed to new replies.