• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Epicyclo – have you wondered why people put SPOILER?
  • glenp
    Free Member

In the thread title?

Idiot.

epicyclo, for the reason stated above, I've deleted your thread. a) there's already at least one TdF thread for today and b) please put SPOILER in the title. Mod

emac65
    Free Member

Glenp it was pretty obvious by the thread title what the content would be,swearing at him & calling him an idiot is a bit extreme I think…

finbar
    Free Member

Glenp it was pretty obvious by the thread title what the content would be,swearing at him & calling him an idiot is a bit extreme I think…

No it wasn't obvious – i can't remember the title exactly but there was no explicit reference to the tour at all.

emac65
    Free Member

Well I guessed what it would be about

clubber
    Free Member

me too FWIW but just putting spoiler in the title would be nice nontheless..

mrsflash
    Free Member

No it wasn't that obvious really.

crazy-legs

Just looking to see that there was already a long thread about todays stage would have been useful too…

epicyclo

OK then, SPOILER 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

I agree clubber but calling someone a f-in arse & then an idiot is still extreme over something so trivial imho…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

If the mod deleted the thread, where did the message from said mod, quoted by an irate glenp above, come from ❓

emac65
    Free Member

LOL @ epicyclo 😆

epicyclo

It was a comment on the drug abuse. Conditional statement.

But I am an idiot, my teenage children confirmed that long ago.

rs
    Free Member

are you saying you posted a spoiler about drug abuse? jeez! do people really watch the TDF waiting for stories of drug abuse now then get upset if the read it on the internet first?

mrsflash
    Free Member

it was making reference to a particular person's performance in today's stage though.

Wozza
    Free Member

It's only the TDF, it's not like they get muddy. 😉

epicyclo

I was curious if a certain known British drug enhancer had ended up in yellow would he have been receiving adulation from the same people who are full of condemnation for a certain American gentleman who has always tested clean.

It obviously hit a nerve.

Just as well there's people like Cav & Wiggins for us to cheer.

Keva
    Free Member

brilliant! Wozza, made me laugh.

complaining about drugs again epicyclo ?

glenp
    Free Member

I apologise for calling names. If you would prefer me not to call you an idiot kindly refrain from behaving like an idiot.

Cheers – riding home through the woods now, via the Stephan Langton in Friday Street, in home in time for the highlights on TV. If I have enough 8% cider in the pub I'll have forgotten all about the give-away by the time I get back.

Glen

Keva
    Free Member

8% cider… sounds like a favourite of mine 😆

epicyclo

Keva – yup, still don't like cheats or alternative pharmaceuticals. Not likely to change in the near future.

glenp – Depends on your interpretation of idiot, I suppose. If you already have your computer up and running, only an idiot wouldn't be following the TdF live. Only an idiot would drink cider when there's single malt. Only an idiot would live in a place without mountains when he's a mountainbiker. The world's full of idiots, and each idiot thinks it's the other guy. And only an idiot would call another guy an idiot to his face – thank god for the internet, eh?

PS I like cider too 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

Epicyclo

I think I'll just leave STW alone for the duration of the tour – the TV highlights are really worth looking forward to, and much more satisfying than following on the internet.

As for mountains – you can keep them. I am lucky enough to have been born right here in the heart of the Surrey Hills and I've never wanted to live anywhere else.

And. I wouldn't say anything here that I wouldn't say face to face. Including this: Cheers.

rOcKeTdOg

*yawns*

nbt

If you already have your computer up and running, only an idiot wouldn't be following the TdF live.

Unless of course internet streaming and such sites are banned, whereas the odd visit to a forum is permitted, like here for instance

(couldn;t give a toss about TdF but wish people would grow up and *think* before posting)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Epicyclo – have you wondered why people put SPOILER?’ is closed to new replies.