Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Epic vs Hei Hei
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

As above – looking for a new (to me so will be off classifieds here probably) full suss race machine. Currently got a scandium vodoo hardtail but lots of enduro stuff lines up this summer…

By Hei Hei I mean the short travel full suss one and not the old school hardtail.

Pros and cons of either/both please.

Thanks!

molgrips
    Free Member

Well the Heihei is way lighter than the Epic I think – unless Spesh have done some pimping. All I can say is that the Heihei is an absolutely fabulous bike – bought mine for pure XC racing but I found I can use it on enduros and it’s still perfectly comfortable – but good luck finding one on the classifieds 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

If you’re into a bike justified by a family of 4, a roadie and a bum and designed and R&D’s using eggs, toast and bacon.. then Kona’s your brand 😉

Dew Files – not 100% sure how this is marketing though 😉

Sorry – I’m sure that was completey useless and hasn’t helped in the slightest.

colwyn58
    Free Member

Cool – thanks guys, much appreciated.

How do they size up? I’m 5’11” so guessing I’d need a 17″ or 18″?

Thanks again.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 and ride 18s or mediums in most bikes but the 18″ Kona was too small, so I went for 19.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Konas come up small. I’m 5’5″ and ride a 16″ heihei. I like it very much and it’s really good as a short xc race bike and for enduro stuff too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d fit a 100mm fork for enduro stuff. I put 80mm on mine since I was building it for pure XC initially.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Epic vs Hei Hei’ is closed to new replies.