Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Epic Expert World Cup
  • alanwales
    Free Member

Morning
    Does anyone ride an Epic Expert WC in th Peaks, Alan Argoed, Alps??
    Most of my riding at the moment is on South Downs, Purbecks – which I imagine it would be perfect for.
    Anybody ride one on rockier trails though – Ladybower, The Wall, Swiss Epic??
    Are they too twitchy and harsh – or capable enough??
    Thanks.

cubicboy
    Free Member

I do and absolutely love it. I have an S Works WC and regularly ride it in the PD and Wales when I can get there. For me, there is nothing that I have thrown at it that it can’t cope with – it’s a stunning bike. I have just put a £100 dropper on as a test to see whether that speeds things up on the really steep stuff (as I have the saddle at XC height). https://www.instagram.com/p/BO-B25HDhBH/?taken-by=adamcubic

alanwales
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I’m agonising over buying one – I keep changing my mind.

daddyoe
    Free Member

One of my riding buddies has this one http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/5386/2017-epic-fsr-expert-carbon-world-cup/ I’m assuming it’s the same. He loves it and takes part in local races. Marathon/endurance events. More often than not he’s just out riding with the boys. There’s also a rider called Simon Andreasson who races on one. What that guy manages to do on one is incredible.

alanwales
    Free Member

That’s the one.
    I’m having sleepless nights giving the final go ahead. I thought buying another bike was supposed to be fun.

cubicboy
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you do (being really honest with yourself)? The Epic is definitely an XC race / marathon bike. I bought mine with that at the front of my mind but in reality now use it mainly in the PD where I feel that it more than copes. Of course, you’ll always get people tearing past you on the really steep stuff on Orange Fives but it more than makes up for it in other areas (up and across). Sometimes I think that a Camber would have been better but the bike is so capable that I wouldn’t want to change it now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Epic Expert World Cup’ is closed to new replies.