• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by xyeti.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Entirely useless bits of equipment that somehow still survive…
  • IHN

You know, stuff that just doesn’t work for its intended purpose, yet refuses to be killed off.

I’ll kick off with that bit of finishing take that’s supplied with bar tape. Isn’t long enough, isn’t stretchy enough, has the adhesive properties of a PostIt note.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Any free Allen key with flat pack furniture

egb81
    Free Member

Cheap can openers

Rubber_Buccaneer

Reverb enduro collar. It probably works but has anyone ever even fitted one?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

According to MrsWCA – ME

MoreCashThanDash

Government

trail_rat
    Free Member

home phone line.

xyeti
    Free Member

Land Rover

ndthornton
    Free Member

shifter indicators

ndthornton
    Free Member

that crappy plastic plate that sits behind the cassette

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

home phone line.

Realized the other day that our ‘phone’ bill is now >£100! Considering that 12 years ago it would have been line rental, and a £5.99 internet package the fact that every item on there is/was acceptable when I added it is bonkers!

br
    Free Member

DSG gearboxes, apparently you can’t set off from a standstill with them

ndthornton
    Free Member

crankbrothers

willard

WCA, you’re not useless. You serve as a warning to others.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tinas …. mines was 40quid a month.,…..

its just been trimmed back to 9.99 a month INCLUDING line rental with plusnet.

faustus

I think shimano still do those plastic clip-on things for disc caliper bolts, supposed to prevent them undoing? Them.

And reflectors, first things to be binned.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Clothes labels, on which the ink wasn’t waterproof enough.

But then when I do the washing everything goes in together at 30. Becasue I argued that it should all be 30 but split whites/colours, and the GF split it 30 and 40. The world didn’t end So I stopped bothering to split it at all unless it happens to be a new pair of jeans.

tinas …. mines was 40quid a month.,…..

its just been trimmed back to 9.99 a month INCLUDING line rental with plusnet.

Line rental
    Broadband
    Fiber broadband upgrade
    TV box
    Netflix
    BT Sport
    Sky Sport

I did point out to her indoors that we could actually go to a game every month for that price. And she rarely watches it anyway, just puts it on in the background!

amedias
    Free Member

And reflectors, first things to be binned.

those don’t count as useless. Annoying, rattly, and unfashionable maybe, but they do their job of being reflective very well.

xyeti
    Free Member

Yep, Reflectors out of room 101.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Entirely useless bits of equipment that somehow still survive…’ is closed to new replies.