Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • English speaking TdF team
  • aracer
    Free Member

On the ITV programme this evening, Phil picked:
    LA
    Robert Millar
    Cav
    Tom Simpson
    Phil Anderson
    Kelly
    Steve Bauer
    Brian Robinson
    Boardman

Paul picked:
    LA
    Robert Millar
    Cav
    Tom Simpson
    Phil Anderson
    Kelly
    Hoban
    Wiggles
    Yates

Not convinced I agree – neither of them picked either of the other two English speaking Tour winners, one or both of whom should surely find a space instead.

cove123

S Roache not not list???!!!!

Robert miller for me everytime…

RealMan
    Free Member

How could phil not pick wiggins? Is he insane?

aP
    Free Member

There's no surprise that Greg Lemond wasn't chosen by either of them seeing as he's now on lala's "special list"

cynic-al
    Free Member

aye. Lemond, Kelly, Hamilton

aracer
    Free Member

Oh, I also forgot Leipheimer – 2nd in Vuelta, 3rd in TdF. Would definitely pick him over several on either list.

colnagokid

Hincapie?
    Levi?
    Cadel?

aracer
    Free Member

Cadel?

Er, no thanks.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Is'nt the idea of these things to pick a functioning team though, a bit like fantasy football teams? You cant pick a team with 11 strikers…it wouldnt work, so surely you'd only pick 1 or 2 leaders, a sprinter, climber, 2 superdomestiques(sp), TT'er and a.n.other.

aP
    Free Member

In that case you'd have to put Charlie Wegelius in with Hincapie.
    …and as one for the grey – Malcolm Elliot (mostly for his Deirdre's Photo Casebook antics).

aracer
    Free Member

Is'nt the idea of these things to pick a functioning team though, a bit like fantasy football teams?

Yes, but a cycling team isn't the same as a football team. A very good all-rounder (eg Roche, Leipheimer) can play pretty much any position (apart from pure sprinter, but you only need one of those). Roche certainly did a super-domestique job later in his career, and it looks like Leipheimer might be doing that this year. Personally I'd have either of those over Wegelius, Elliot, Boardman, or even Wiggins or Yates. Not even totally convinced Millar actually deserves his place over either of them.

Not so sure about Lemond, but would certainly pick him over Boardman for instance.

uplink
    Free Member

S Roache not not list???!!!!

not English speaking 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘English speaking TdF team’ is closed to new replies.