Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • England drier than Oz shocka.
  • zippykona

Just started to go on Rotor Burns Australian forum and they were talking about trail conditions :-
    Hate to be a wet blanket, but things are going to get excessively wet this week all over SE Qld. We are expecting 100-200mm by mid week, moving from north to the south. It’s not going to be a week to ride Nerang, Hinze Dam, Mt Joyce or any of the Brissy or Sunshine Coast locations either. All being well it may come good by next weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

tacopowell
    Free Member

MTFU it’s just a bit of water!

Mackem

Strewth.

stevied
    Free Member

Strewth…

edit: 10 seconds too slow 😕

Mackem

Bonza!

carlosg
    Free Member

Beauty mate

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no proper rain in tassie for weeks dry as here dust everywhere.

warning several Oz states are bigger than the UK so weather varies

zippykona

If i had moved out there it would have been to Byron Bay so not a million miles from the rain. Bloody hell could it rain!
    It used to annoy me that rides would be cancelled if it rained. They used to cite lightning as being the main factor. Either that or they didn’t like the rain.

yossarian
    Free Member

Australians actually dissolve in rain

martinhutch

I’d take your four month average rainfall over ours, frankly.

That little shower will just damp down your trails beautifully. MTFU etc…

tacopowell
    Free Member

Australians actually dissolve in rain

True Story.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/58451904[/video]
    [video]http://vimeo.com/57266831[/video]
    How we roll in the wet dust

kiwijohn

Nothing but dust in Southern Tas as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good to hear John, clear of the fires? Was keeping an eye out at the Blue Dragon for you.

Plenty of new dusty trails up north to explore now

aphex_2k
    Free Member

There’s a cloud in Perth and I felt a spot of rain. It’s been a warm few weeks. I have a feeling it’s going to storm at around 2130 as I finish my shift and cycle home though.

bamboo
    Free Member

Crikey!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Dust getting on my nerves here in Vic. A bit of rain to dampen down the trails would be nice.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For the Vic guys where to ride for a weekend, sailing over on Friday and heading up to Buller via Wagga (I know family stuff) back in Melb on GP weekend 🙂

potentially you yangs and somewhere else…

anyone doing Bike Buller?

epicyclo

Blimey, the Ozzies are getting soft.

What the problem? – it’s warm water! 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

expecting 100-200mm by mid week

We had more than that before breakfast!

kiwijohn

No fire around here, Mike, but they’re a worry. Didn’t get my shit together in time for the Blue Dragon this year.
    I used to go to Wagga for uni a fair bit. Beechworth was good for a couple of hours riding & not too far from the highway. Then I discovered the trails at Albury. Even better when you hook up with a local. There’s also a good xc loop at Wagga.
    A bit further off the highway is Woodend & of course Mt Beauty & Bright.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers John Wagga XC could be the ticket for 1/2 a day. Beauty & Bright so long as they are away from fire could do us for a trip out from Buller.

kiwijohn

The main thing I miss about uni is a free trip up there twice a year.

OzInbred

Mike – if travelling back from Buller via Alexandra you could always pop down to Marysville and ride Lake Mountain and Buxton? Both fairly short (15km’s each) but only about an hour or so from each other so you could fit both in.

slinkybike
    Free Member

I think you guys are missing the point trails are often closed due to rain in oz to protect them. Which you could not do in England as you would end up never riding.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep and I’m now considering fitting an airline in the garden to clean the bikes with, you guys have no idea how tough it is….

Markie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc[/video]

olie
    Free Member

slinkybike – Member
    I think you guys are missing the point trails are often closed due to rain in oz to protect them. Which you could not do in England as you would end up never riding.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Speaking as an SEQ local that’s because they can’t design trails to be weather friendly!

Anyhow it’s was 31c when I rode home from work today so a bit of rain might be nice to cool us down a bit :/)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Speaking as an SEQ local that’s because they can’t design trails to be weather friendly!

Thats also the point the current local trail funding allowed for building all the trails rough or building and capping 25% of them, they decided to build all of them

motozulu
    Free Member

Dead man’s Knob – what a great name for a trail – appealed to the 12 year old in me. 😆

Whinging Ozzies eh? I’d have thought you’d welcome a bit of water. Surprised that your trails are so flimsy too. Basically MTFU etc etc 😀

Good vid BTW – ‘harden the **** up’. 8)

zippykona

There’s a place in England where the sun always shines. Shame its 3 miles in the air.

motozulu
    Free Member

zippy – mud – it’s the glue that binds us.

We only had an empire because everyone was sick of the blinkin rain back home. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Dead Man’s Knob is the hill 🙂

The flooding is as bad as I’ve seen in the UK and fires are proper scary, mother in law was evacuated twice this year.

But hey I don’t need to wash my bike

motozulu
    Free Member

Still a great name that Mike.

Mrs Zulu…’Where you off to today?’
    Me…’Dead man’s knob’
    ….long awkward silence in the kitchen… 😆

corroded
    Free Member

Mike, try Forrest. About 2.5 hrs southwest of Melbourne, two breweries, enough singletrack for a day or two. I did the Otway Odyssey there last week and it was super dusty but the trails are a lot of fun and the setting is epic.

zippykona

Dear Oz people,not trolling just interested. How far do you travel to get to the dirt.
    I used to live in Randwick Sydney and the nearest dirt was The Blue Mountains, a good hour away. Even in Byron Bay i would have to drive to Mullimbimby.
    How many of you can ride dirt from your front door?

zippykona

Well if you are living anywhere other than say, guessing here, this is on the east coast, the goldy to bateman bay nsw, I’m packing up and moving to a warm dryer leach free home. Know mater how much l shake my fists at them clouds it still pisses down, thanks zoidberg for that completely useless tip, summer here again was cut short and if the water table rises too much more its gonna slow down the fast sections of trail, this can and will make us pedal more. Urhhh!…Rain rain rain go away.. Settle down over in da west and piss down in WA.

Weather update from oz. Think I must have a doppelganger!

kiwijohn

As for dirt, I live in Hobart, I just have to cross the road & I’m on the mountain.
    & it’s still as dry as down here.

tonyd

Two of my best friends emigrated to Brisbane with their respective (Australian) wives in the last two months. Apparently it hasn’t stopped raining yet. How I laughed.

ransos
    Free Member

And they’ve just lost to India in the cricket…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘England drier than Oz shocka.’ is closed to new replies.