Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Engineering jobs in the North East. Who wants one?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I (now) work for a small engineering consultancy in Northumberland. The work is mainly mechanical analysis, ie FEA/CFD using Ansys and Mathcad etc with a bir of design work thrown it for good luck.
    It turns out we’re aiming to be a bit less small in the immediate future. Anyone looking for work? Looking for graduates with experience (ie not just graduated).

Email in profile.

GrahamS

Damn, actual real engineering.

No girly software engineering jobs going I assume then?

footflaps

Mathcad – my favourite SW package – modelled many a radio / antenna system in that.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

nah, nuts and bolts and stuff. Well, looking at how they work on computers, not actually getting hands dirty {much) 🙂

edit – there’s probably software jobs going down the road at IHC EB.
    http://www.engb.com

Kahurangi

*lurks*

I’m currently working at IHC EB, previosuly worked with ir_bandito. We’ve got lots of positions to fill, especially lead/senior engineering roles.

Software engineering in terms of controls systems rather than development of software packages, mind.

Any questions on EB and the riding to be had from Tynedale, I, or ir_bandito would be glad to answer and pass details on!

GrahamS

Mmm had a look. Still a bit “hard hats and grease” for me I’m afraid.

My experience is more “courier bag and a half-fat latte” environment. 😀

Thanks anyway though.

poppa
    Free Member

Grrr. Wrong part of the country or else I would be more interested.

organic355
    Free Member

can you open an office in Scotland? preferably Dundee and I will run it?

ononeorange

Cripes! Actually looking for staff….that’s a novelty in these times!! Not heard of that for years.

Good on you.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Any jobs whipping you all in to shape and getting the job done on time and on budget?

😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not needed here supersessions, but it wouldn’t hurt at EB 😉

amt27
    Free Member

Looking for graduates with experience (ie not just graduated).

🙄

Kahurangi

http://www.engb.com/careers_vacancies.php?id=12

just for you, supersessions 🙂

amt – well, they’re in a position to ask aren’t they? 🙄

Graham – courier bags yes, half-fat latte, no. Proper coffee or tea. Offices in Stocksfield and Riding Mill, workshop in South Shields and Teesside. The control and systems guys don’t get their hands dirty unless they want. What sort of software engineering is it that you want to do?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Jon – cheers. I could easily do that. But I don’t want to move house. so today I won’t bother applying.

but thanks anyway. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Engineering jobs in the North East. Who wants one?’ is closed to new replies.