Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Engine light on 2005 renault clio 1.5dci
  • iolo
    Free Member

Hi,
    My mum has a renault clio 1.5 dci 2005. Not a bad little car that has amazing fuel economy.
    She let it run a bit low on fuel and the light came on to remind her. An engine management light came on at the same time that refuses to go away.
    Is there a simple fix to get rid of this light that my dad can do or does she have to take it to a garage?

Cougar

It’s a simple fix to get rid of the light, take the bulb out. I accept no liability if your engine subsequently seizes up.

Fixing the cause of the warning might be a little trickier. Does your dad have a device for reading OBD-II codes? If not, garage. Ideally, get them to come to you, joking aside you could be doing untold damage driving it around.

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Is he in the AA /rac?
    If so, call them out and they’ll plug in the diagnostic for free and advise them what needs doing.
    There’s no way to turn off the light without some form of diagnostic equipment.

peepingtom
    Free Member

Have you tried you tube ? ,might be just a case of holding the clutch down while you start it to switch the eml of , works with mk5 astra’s .

hora
    Free Member

Scruffy fuel in system, sensor needs a clean too or replace/coincidental?

Personally I’d try this slap-dash approach of mine. Disconnect battery, leave, reconnect and put in high quality fuel along with a bottle or two of redex then go for a good run.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Take the battery of for 10 minutes and see if it resets itself.

Bucko

Check the connections of the wiring looms/plug things underneath the passenger seat, give them a wiggle. I used to have a Clio and that was a common problem for making some lights come up on the dash, especially when you’ve moved the seat or flipped in forward for a rear passenger in a 3 door. I can’t remember what warning lights it was though, but it’s worth a try.

If that does that turn out to be the full then just cable tie the connections together nice and tight and it shouldn’t happen again.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Get the codes read.

legend
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Scruffy fuel in system, sensor needs a clean too or replace/coincidental?

My money’s on this – lambda sensor. It may even just sort itself out after being run on decent fuel for a while

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Engine light on 2005 renault clio 1.5dci’ is closed to new replies.