Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Enduro2
  • djnj
    Free Member

Hi guys

Can’t wait for this (2 weeks to go) but its my first time in the alps, what do i need and any tips greatly appreciated!!!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

a bike & a partner. have fun.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bump to help this dude out! Hope you have a ball mate, I’d love to do this.

mactheknife

You will have a blast buddy. Did Trans Savoie 2 years ago and i went out thinking that i was going to be so far out my depth and i was constantly over thinking kit choices etc. Until i got out there and just had a blast.

The trails are wild but really fun.

Just enjoy, thats what it is all about 🙂

djnj
    Free Member

Cheers crotchrocket, got that big taken care off. Got hansdampf super g upfront and a razor rock super g on back, think that’ll be ok?

ahsf
    Free Member

Take a spare mech hanger, brake pads and have fun, the last stage on day one is the hardest out of all the stages but it all depends on what you are use to riding.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’m doing Enduro2 too. Your tyres sound fine. I still haven’t decided on mine….

Think I’m a poet and didn’t know it.

superfli
    Free Member

See you there djnj! Look for a couple of guys in QECP race team tops. I’ll be on the green Banshee Rune. Cant bloody wait!
    Some of the trails have lots of close tight rocks, so as above, bring spare mech hanger. Also obviously brake pads, more if its wet. Tubeless tough tyres if you can. Not much peddling up hill, so dont worry about weight too much. I’ll also be bringing spare wheels and mud tyres. FF and back protector are compulsory according to FAQ. I’m sticking motorbike clothing inserts into my backpack. I’m hoping that there will be filling stations as I’ll only have a waterbottle (no space for reservoir).

As said, Double Header, last stage day1 looks very very tough to race! Fun to ride, but to race? lol! gulp!
    [video]https://youtu.be/9i7xI-8hY_0[/video]

We are travelling over from Ports=LeHavre on Wed night. Be in Bourg for Thurs eve where we have an apartment until Tues.

neilforrow

Getting my name on the list – see you lot out there. Did it last year and it was a spot on event.

djnj
    Free Member

Will defo keep an eye out, we are team 015. I have a new set off butcher dh tyres im debating about putting on! Did Antur Stiniog on the super G’s and they rode real nice, just not sure about the rock razor on the back. Fly out on Fri 23rd and it can’t come quick enough!

superfli
    Free Member

Have you checked the long range weather forecast yet? Bring waterproofs and mud tyres! It’s forecast to piss down 🙁
    Sorry, me and my mate are bad pennies. Our last alps race was mega 14…

Milkie
    Free Member

Cheers crotchrocket, got that big taken care off. Got hansdampf super g upfront and a razor rock super g on back, think that’ll be ok?

Rock Razor will be fine unless you do the super steep black runs where its really loose. I found the RR didn’t brake very well, swapped it for a HD on the back and Magic Mary up front, that was a lot better.

Loads of brake pads, big rotors, mech hanger and a few spare spokes.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Could anyone help an idiot out…

We drove to Chamonix last night for a few days riding before the event and when I unpacked, I’d forgot my spare mech hanger and goggles!

Would anyone who is coming over later in the week be so kind as bringing them out if I get them posted to you?

I’m off to hit myself over the head repeatedly!

mikeyd
    Free Member

Happy to help, have emailed you.

We fly out First thing Thursday morning.

Mike

Burchy1
    Free Member

mikeyd that would be brilliant! I’ve replied to your mail.

scaled
    Free Member

That you Dave?

I’m packing bloody everything. Minor crisis here as I’ve got to get a new front rim. Wrecked yet another carbon wheel.

superfli
    Free Member

Burchy1, if Mike can’t help, I can. We are driving down, so should have loads of space. Mail me if you need me
    Dave

Burchy1
    Free Member

Cheers guys, Mike lives in Exeter so I can get the bits I need straight to him, no need to post.

Hopefully see you all out here for a beer after racing on the weekend.

djnj
    Free Member

Not long now guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Weather looks good this week.

superfli
    Free Member

? Weather looks terrible on weather.com!
    I’ve bought myself another Michelin wild mud tyre, so will have them front and rear if needed. Halfords have them for £34 online +BC discount £30 🙂 Thats the reinforced ones.

djnj
    Free Member

Ha, weather on my iphone telling me its sunny all week and 32 degrees!

mikeyd
    Free Member

scaled
    Free Member

That weather looks like it could be character building!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe the Slaughter on the rear wasn’t such a great idea after all. Forecast seems to change daily though.

rondo101
    Free Member

Double Header is going to be interesting in the wet!

Meteociel forcasts quite a different picture http://www.meteociel.fr/previsions/27334/bourg_saint_maurice.htm

superfli
    Free Member

Wow, what an event! What a selection of stages and oh my god I was shagged on Sunday lol! We got to ride s4 on Sunday twice as taking had been removed, so we ended up doing 7 stages. Still s4 was a hoot 🙂
    We were fortunate. No mechanicals and no injuries, only a few dismounts (mainly double header!).

An amazing event that I’d love to do again.

scaled
    Free Member

Wow, what an event!

Absolutely! I’m not sure if I was out of my comfort zone all weekend or if I was just constantly redefining what my comfort zone is!

Between the two of us we got a puncture every day and my mate had a proper sense of humor failure on Double Header at the end of day 1. We did the whole thing either pissed or hungover as it was my stag do which probably (maybe) helped with the aches and pains 😀

Grannys garden yesterday was completely surreal, brilliant, just brilliant.

An amazing event that I’d love to do again.

I’d definitely do it again if there wasn’t the option of staying sober and having a crack at Trans Sav 😀

superfli
    Free Member

Trans sav sounds well tough! I was told one of the stages in les arcs was stage 3 and 5 from day 1! They do 6 stages a day. They do 1500m climbing a day (not in les arcs though).
    We came 43rd btw 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Ah, you were the QECP lads sat down by the wall at the bottom of the funicular? We were packing our bikes up opposite you before getting bussed out on the transfer.

I was going to bob over and say hello but somehow ended up back at the bar instead 😀

superfli
    Free Member

Hi, yes that was us, chatting with the riders guild team. We met quite a few riders who knew of QECP and the Enduros. It was a very friendly atmosphere!

dantsw13

Looks a great event – we are out to Les Arcs on thursday – does it hold up ok in the wet?

scaled
    Free Member

It’s certainly interesting in the wet, I’m looking at you, Double Header…

dantsw13

As muddy as Morzine?

neilforrow

It was a fantastic event, had a great time. Ended up 18th (16th if you take out the two NC teams above) so well happy with that.

Had a a few offs, broken pivot (thanks mikeyd for helping out) and shock and yep, double header in the wet was tough!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Double Header did my head in. Hardest thing I’ve ever ridden tried riding. Great event though and despite what I was thinking at various points waiting to start the next stage I would have another go. 89th in the men’s event for us, mainly down to quite a lot of crash risk management by me – i.e. slow.

It wasn’t very muddy at all and dried up very quickly – nowhere near as much clayey stuff as you get at Morzine. Main issue was the Double Header stage which was stupidly steep and technical and was immediately after a 40 minute thunderstorm with torrential rain…

Impressive result Neil in that competition – good to meet (Marcus, riding with Mike).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for the updates.

neilforrow

Cheers hamishthecat. Certainly was a competitive field, and I owe you two that drink or else I’d have been on a rental!

Here is one photo that sums up going into stage 3, day 2. ❗

superfli
    Free Member

Neil, that’s seriously quick! Great result!
    Anyone found photos yet?

Del

Well done fellas!

dantsw13

Thanks – good to know it rides well in the wet out there. It’s like muddy mid-winter in Sussex at the moment!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Enduro2’ is closed to new replies.