Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Enduro rider caught doping*
  • Brown
    Free Member

And that his identity is hearsay at the moment of course.

Yeah, that’s what I meant! Clearly whoever it is is guilty!

andrewh
    Free Member

And that his identity is hearsay at the moment of course.

Yeah, that’s what I meant! Clearly whoever it is is guilty!

Good point.
    Agreed.

…the anonymity are a complete and utter joke

Bugger. How do we find out for certain?

traildog
    Free Member

The only sure way is to analyse pictures of his face and compare his jaw line. The roadie forum people are experts at this.

ocrider

which ones? I looked on bigbike and 26in and there was nothing.

OK, only the one, but by far the most active forum (velovert)

Although as people have pointed out, it wouldn’t take a genius to hold the results sheets of the 2011 and 2012 Reunion Megavalanche and compare and with a little extra information, can reduce the number of suspects down to one name.

It is imperative that the athlete is properly licensed to the federation at the time of the hearing of them to legally apply any sanction. However, in this case, the athlete concerned has, according to what the federation told me on the phone this morning, not held a FFC licence in 2012. Therefore it was up to the AFLD (Agence Français de Lutte contre le Dopage) to decide upon the penalty.

Loose translation from http://justaboutvelo.com/2013/01/chasser-puis-cacher-pour-ne-pas-que-ca-se-sache/
    The same blog entry has deduced that the incriminated has a right to demand anonimity and this seems to have been granted, although IMO its a damn good way to get a mob of angry villagers sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches.

fontmoss
    Free Member

How long before the top hit on google for Lord McAlpine brings readers here?

andrewh
    Free Member

Only if we keep mentioning Lord McAlpine

druidh
    Free Member

A French Enduro rider done for doping? How come Juan hasn’t been on this thread yet?

Jamie
    Free Member

Lord McAlpine’s been done for doping in an enduro race?

Who’d a thunk it.

zangolin
    Free Member

If the stuff about the FFC licence is correct then can it be the rider who has been mentioned earlier?
    Is he not French and has he not been racing some the Super Enduros in 2012 – for which you would need a full licence of some sort?. Maybe the rider in question has dual nationality and has a licence with their second country?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

A French Enduro rider done for doping? How come Juan hasn’t been on this thread yet?

No one has mentioned Stans rims yet. Now that I have he will be along shortly to bash them no doubt.

chakaping
    Free Member

Lord McAlpine’s been done for doping in an enduro race?

Does he ride an Orange McAlpine?

Jamie
    Free Member

Does he ride an Orange McAlpine?

More than likely. After all, it is the chosen bike of p[NOPE! – MODS]

kimbers

so far im the only person ranting on fb

So if a Kona team rider received a ban and was stripped of his wins for doping, would kona still have love for the man?
    Unlike · · 3 hours ago
    You and Tim Hutchinson like this.

Chris Kimberley and if say the riders own cycling body had responded with a laughable 6 month off season ban……
    3 hours ago · Like · 1

https://www.facebook.com/TheKonaBicycleCo?fref=ts

cchris2lou

link to velo vert forum :

http://forum.velovert.com/topic/95139-dh-race-world-cup-series/page__st__20160

news announced on page 1345 .

kimbers

from fbook

The Kona Bicycle Co. What’s going on? We don’t have the Oprah channel here.
    44 minutes ago · Like

andyrm
    Free Member

Zangolin – you can get round the licence thing at SuperEnduro by getting an Italian doctors cert that you are fit to race, I.e. physically ok.

zangolin
    Free Member

Zangolin – you can get round the licence thing at SuperEnduro by getting an Italian doctors cert that you are fit to race, I.e. physically ok.

Ah interesting – I guessed you might be able to race without a licence as per UK enduros etc. Just though it might be very unusual for an elite/pro level racer to not have a full licence?

andrewh
    Free Member

You can race non-UCI sanctioned races without a licence (for instance 24hr World Champs, organised by WEMBO)
    I don’t know if the race in question is UCI sanctioned.

13thfloormonk

4th place

Looked at the wrong results sheet, though Cedric Gracia was in trouble, that would have been an MTB-wide disaster!

hora
    Free Member

One of the 2 top finishers?
    The article says stripped of all medals so we should find out soon..

hora
    Free Member

I thought NV competed/finished 2nd in 2011?

The womens winner?…

chakaping
    Free Member

Looked at the wrong results sheet, though Cedric Gracia was in trouble, that would have been an MTB-wide disaster!

Big relief that it wasn’t CG!

hora – did you miss the bit where someone told us who it (allegedly) is?

andyrm
    Free Member

I would have hoped that if the whole Lance thing taught federations anything, it’s the damage to their credibility caused by a token ban.

Amazed the French federation haven’t been more open.

lister11
    Free Member

If it is the previously mentioned rider then, looking at the link to facebook above, Kona would be taking action.

Surely they would already be aware of this? Regardless of any official channels surely as an industry insider they would have heard rumours?

kimbers

The Kona Bicycle Co. Hello Chris, we are looking into this currently. Rest assured that if one of our athletes was caught doping, that is certainly a breach of their contract and the would be dropped from the Kona Team.

MrSmith
    Free Member

We cannot afford to get tarred with same brush as the roadies

Why not? It might make people realise that cycling doesn’t just happen on the road or track.
    And what makes you think off road cyclists don’t dope? Because they ‘have never tested positive’ 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

The guy identified above is in his late 30s so near the end of his pro career anyway.

Just looking at an interview with him from last year I found this gem…

Race results don’t come for free. Tell us about training: How, where and how much of it?
    It’s my secret. lol But it’s only when you take a pleasure to ride on a bike , and always push your limits . You need to be a challenger rider.

nasher
    Free Member

If it is Karim…then very sad he has trained and ridden with us many times…

duirdh
    Free Member

What would compel someone to contact a complete strangers employer with information based on nothing more than rumours in an atempt to have them sacked? other than being a complete prick of course.

chakaping
    Free Member

You are GW and I claim my £5.

atlaz
    Free Member

As someone said above, accidents happen, but not with masking agents.

It’s a diuretic. It’s not like you buy them over the counter as masking agents; there are loads of ways to end up taking them without perhaps knowing. I’d be more inclined to see what the real story is before getting all righteous about it. It’s entirely possible he was doping but 6-months suggests a technical violation, not that the authority decided he was on a serious dope run.

Even Bassons got a 1-year ban for missing a test from the French authorities (and doping is illegal in France) so I imagine there’s more to the six months than just they want to let him off; he’s hardly a well known name outside his own particular discipline.

kimbers

duirdh – Member
    What would compel someone to contact a complete strangers employer with information based on nothing more than rumours in an atempt to have them sacked? other than being a complete prick of course.

obviously I am a prick!

but I stand by my actions

its in karim and konas intrests to clear this up as soon as possible

Jamie
    Free Member

Is duirdh the evil twin of Druidh?

druidh
    Free Member

Mibbe I’m the evil twin!!

Pretty close username tho. I’ve thought about asking the mods to change mine to avoid confusion

andrewh
    Free Member

So, what’s the latest news from the rummour mill? Is it the bloke hinted at above or are we still uncretain? Anyone here have any inside knowledge they are willing to divulge? (we promise not to tell anyone)

kimbers

so anyone know anything more about this

cedic gracia and brian lopes were chatting about it on twitter

hora
    Free Member

Ressurection. Frenchies say he will be stripped of all wins and titles in goodtime. That says to me a multiple winner…

Anyone?

zangolin
    Free Member

Karim Amour of Team Kona was mentioned – but not heard any more about it -so probably not him?.
    This quite interesting from back in Jan:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/u/mattwragg/blog/Doping-in-Enduro-Crime-and-Punishment.html

hora
    Free Member

The release said all titles and wins though. So a multiple winner?

andrewh
    Free Member

Thread resurection: Do we have an answer yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Enduro rider caught doping*’ is closed to new replies.