Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Enduro 1/ X- Fusion Southern UK Gravity All Mountain Race FOD
  • markhw
    Free Member

Enduro 1/ X- Fusion Southern UK Gravity All Mountain Race FOD, who’s riding this weekend it’s going to be a wet one.

chiefgrooveguru

Tomorrow I’m building a ghetto tubeless inflator to get the mud tyres on! Expecting lots of wet roots and churned up mud as I’m in the lone ‘sport’ team. It’ll be a test of bravery because I tend to mince down unfamiliar trails…

bigsi
    Free Member

I’m with chiefgrooveguru. 😛

trusty

I’ll be there, I know most of the trails so it’ll interesting to see how they link them up. Tomorrow or Saturday will be spent trying to get my swampthings to run tubeless just using a trackpump… looks like being pretty wet!

chiefgrooveguru

Based on my last Swampthing tubeless experience you may still be pumping on Monday…

bigsi
    Free Member

Decided on a Bonty Mud-x for the front & Ardent for the back. I may die 😯

chiefgrooveguru

Apparently 29ers grip better so you may not be killed to death, merely severely injured.

trusty

chief, I did try earlier this week when putting one on the front and it didn’t go well. I may be resorting to tubes… I was hoping I wouldn’t need the swampies but but no luck with the weather / conditions it seems. apart from the verderers it’ll be bogging

chiefgrooveguru

Hoping to avoid tubes too – have heard good things about the power of a coke bottle pumped to 40psi to pop difficult tyres on. And removed valve cores. And warm beads. And lots of luck… The SuperTacky goes on fine, it’s the other harder one that’s the problem.

Rickos
    Free Member

Kinda glad it sold out so quick now. Gonna be very wet and slippy. Fun though, I’m sure.

Paul-j

Is it really going to be that bad? I was planning on ardent front and rear. Presume the trails are going to be soft as?

Mbnut
    Free Member

There are 9 of us coming up from Kent and all looking forward to it.

Weather for Sunday looks ok so it’ll just be the ground thats wet.

Whatever happens have fun… i’ll be the old one covered in mud…

markhw
    Free Member

I will be using schwalbe hans dampf front and rear with my daughters stabilizers

DrP

I’m just leaving my nobby nics on there…. All will be fine, I’m sure!

DrP

chiefgrooveguru

Two hours and a ghetto tubeless inflator later they’re on! Took 80psi in the coke bottle, plus some cable ties to hold stop the plastic tube betwixt tank and tyre popping off. It’ll be dry now, just you wait…

trusty

gave up on the tyres sans tubes, old skool it is! Drying up here a little, may be a last minute change required… looking forward to it

kimbers

well i am going with some wtb prowler mxs i got cheap on stiff, theyre okish in the mud but im too lazy to change them!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Enduro 1/ X- Fusion Southern UK Gravity All Mountain Race FOD’ is closed to new replies.