Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Endurance MTB Events
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

I’m trying to plan which races to do this year and I’m looking to focus on endurance Events. Ideally, a 6hr, a couple of 12hrs and one 24hr.
    I’ve looked at the obvious ones, (Mayhem, Exposure, Gorrick) but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations, especially for 6hr races.

Northwind

The Glentress Seven is almost a six- excellent atmosphere and interesting tracks, it’s not really my sort of thing but I really enjoyed it each time, soloing this year which I may regret. The only downside is that it’s made me susceptible to doing a Ten again which I’m sure I’d regret 😛

tinybits
    Free Member

Try the Earlstoke 12. Superb single track course and lots of fun

jonny-m
    Free Member

Wiggle 6hr at catton park, usually around may 3/4/5th, one of my favourites!

boxelder

Check the no fuss events.

pete68
    Free Member

As tinybits said the Erlestoke 12 is very good. Has a 6 hour option as well. The gorrick one also has a 6, but thats not til August.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Manx100 a must.

gringojimi
    Free Member

Erlestoke 12, Bontrager 24/12 are both very good events.
    Not enjoyed Mountain Mayhem in recent years, but miss its sister event Sleepless in the Saddle dearly.

There’s the Bedgebury Insomnia which is hopefully on again this year.

Thetford Forest Dusk til Dawn in the autumn. They also do a 10 hour race in June.

euain

Tour de Nevis for something a bit different? Takes most folk 5-6h to get round and it’s more fun than doing laps somewhere (though laps are fun too 🙂 )

kimbers

not 6 hr, unless your even slower than me but the 70k route at the roughride is great

sadly clashes with a UKGE round this year though 🙁

not up on the website yet but got this email

The Whyte Rough Ride – Sunday 17th August 2014

Due to wild life management on the moors we are no longer able to run the event during the ground-nesting bird season.

We’ve reached an agreement with landowners and are pleased that the Rough Ride will take place on Sunday 17th August 2014.

Entries will open at the end of January 2014, we are limiting this to 500 due to course restrictions and will endeavour to have a new website up and running by then.

We are very happy to say we have the backing of Whyte as our headline sponsor.

Cheers

Jeremy, Geoff and Patsy

http://www.roughride.co.uk

backinireland
    Free Member

If wanting to travel try isle of man end to end and in Ireland warrior 10

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Brighton Big Dog is 6 hours and great fun.

globalti
    Free Member

Polaris doesn’t run any more?

wwaswas

Brighton Big Dog is 6 hours and great fun.

+1 (In the dry anyway!)

c_klein87

chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk/as above really, we don’t have a huge selection in this country, highlighly recommend Erlestoke 12, some of the best singletrack in all the races I do, and not hugely subsribed so less overtaking efforts required. I’m hoping to do the Whinlatter challenge this year, although that is lap based, just slightly longer. I’d quite like a return of Kielder 100, but we shall see

chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk/

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Brighton big dog is excellent – best atmosphere and course I’ve done.

Earlstoke 12 – is that the same course as dusk til dawn? if so then that was bloody brilliant too….

c_klein87

Erlestoke 12 is Wiltshire, Dusk til Dawn is sussex, oh and theres the new stage race xcalibre, which no one can afford…..

Rorschach
    Free Member

new stage race xcalibre, which no one can afford…..

It’s £1800!!!! 😯

gringojimi
    Free Member

At £1800, I think Nick Craig is going to be the only participant. 😆

turbo1397
    Free Member

As above- tour de ben nevis.. 😀

crosshair
    Free Member

Xcalibre also has a ridiculously crap website that tells nothing of what the event actually is!!!! Surely the ladybird book of web pages says “Page one- Eye catching epic-sounding spiel to get people drinking the cool-aid”

So what is it? And what do those guys win for £1800??

crosshair
    Free Member

Ah-ha! Just read about it on Chain Reaction and it seems the reason there’s no blurb is even the organisers can’t decide what it is 😉 😀

vdubber67
    Free Member

Wembo 2014… Opportunity to ride a world champs!

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Polaris doesn’t run any more?

The good news is that the OMM are still trying to keep Polaris alive, and if they sort out their web site I’ll be signing up again. They did a really good job in 2012 running a full Polaris style event with a wilderness campsite, alongside a shorter course returning to the start point at end of day one.

At the moment the details on the web site look too much like they have been copied from the running OMM event, but I’m hoping they’ll sort that out soon. They are planning on both Spring and Autumn events.

Check it out here

DT78
    Free Member

Is there a website somewhere that shows all these events on a calendar? I’d like to plan to attend a few but need to see locations and dates easily to compare…

scotroutes

It is

Britain’s Ultimate Off-Road Tour

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

warrior 10

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Endurance MTB Events’ is closed to new replies.