Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Endura shorts – sizing all over the place. Anyone else?
  • RustySpanner

Mrs S bought some Hummvee Light shorts a few months ago.
    She was very impressed with them, so I ordered her a pair of the standard (non light) Hummvee 3/4s in the same size as a Christmas present.

The bleeding things arrived and they’re way too small, even though they’re nominally the same size.

Is this usual with Endura or have they just wrongly labelled a pair?
    She loves the shorts, so wondering if it’s worth trying a straight swap for another pair.

Thanks in advance.

RustySpanner

Bump.

j40aja
    Free Member

I had the same issue last year, I have 2 pairs of standard Humvees (size large)and bought a pair of 3/4 Humvees and had to return them and go up a size to an XL which are still on the neat side.

neninja
    Free Member

It does seem to be a bit random between ranges. Hummvee fit well in a medium, tried a pair Singletrack in a medium and they looked like they’d been spray painted on.

Had 2 pairs of MT500 baggy (the 2nd was a warranty replacement) and the sizes were completely different between the 2 even though both were a medium.

toonfan
    Free Member

I thought it was just my middle age spread that was causing the popper to keep coming undone. 🙂 You’ve cheered me right up this morning!!

franksinatra

I thought it was just my middle age spread that was causing the popper to keep coming undone. You’ve cheered me right up this morning!!

To be far though sometimes they also come up waay too big. 😉

old_mtber
    Free Member

This has always been a problem with Endura and the short liners are even worse. A pity really as their shorts are usually well made.

failedengineer

Part of the problem appears to be with the popper – it’s crap. Mind you, I’ve got two pairs of Humvees, small and medium and they appear to be exactly the same size.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Endura: great kit, if only they’d learn the difference between inches and centimetres.

kcal

Bought a pair of shorts (MT500s) and shorts liner, shorts were a Med (I think), liner had to be a Large. Not intuitive sizing !!

hora
    Free Member

I personally think their kit is junk. I’ve had Singlertrack shorts snap at the belt. Apparently its not really meant as a belt. Its more decorative. They (Humvee/singletrack) also like seperating at the stitching.

I’ve got a pair of ONE ride old Superlite waterproof shorts if anyone is interested? Worn for 2hours. Cant stand them.

IdleJon

toonfan – Member

I thought it was just my middle age spread that was causing the popper to keep coming undone.

No, the poppers come undone because Endura spec appallingly bad poppers. I’ve got 3 pairs of Endura shorts/threequarters/trousers, in different sizes, and all the poppers are rubbish.

The shorts are way too big around the waist, yet the popper opens every time I bend forward.

Maybe I should add that Endura zips tend to snap, as well.

I’m not sure how I’ve accumulated so much of their clothing because I’ve actively avoided buying any of their stuff for the last few years.

hora
    Free Member

I’m not sure how I’ve accumulated so much of their clothing because I’ve actively avoided buying any of their stuff for the last few years.

Pretty much somes up me- although, the Superlites will be the last thing.

I imagine theres a few customers and building like this. LBS offered me some MT500’s? I said TBNT.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Hora said:

I’ve got a pair of ONE ride old Superlite waterproof shorts if anyone is interested? Worn for 2hours. Cant stand them.

What size, and what would you like for them?

I’ve just discovered holes in my Zymes where the bolts on my pub bike’s seatpost clamp have eaten into the material. Nevermind – they’ve lasted at least five years.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Re: the Endura poppers – I had a pair of Singletracks that the popper was so tight it wouldn’t un-pop, I actually tore the material trying to take them off. Endura replaced them free of charge. New popper works fine, but I have considered getting someone to sew a button instead.

hora
    Free Member

Wordnumb XL’s so (I think?) 34″-36″ in the comrtzone but they are elasticated. £35 posted.

kcal

Sizing apart, I’ve been very happy with the Endura kit I have bought.

Still got MT500s shorts (the spandex ones..) from many years back; thermo-bib longs that are a blessing once November kicks in, jackets & jerseys..

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ta Hora – XLs would swamp me.

D0NK

I wear XL humvees and medium zymes (XL inners for both)

all over the place indeed

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have three pairs of Singletrack shorts in small/ medium and large. They all fit my 32″ waist the same.

I assumed this is why they stopped selling them via CRC etc so as to encourage people to actually go in and try them on each time as no two pairs of shorts are the same size.

BoardinBob

I’m a medium in absolutely everything apart from Endura shorts where I’m an XL and even then it’s bloody tight. Ridiculous sizing.

tthew

Yep. Me too, though I tend to find too loose.
    Only thing for it is to go and buy from a proper bricks’n’mortar shop I think.

number18
    Free Member

I like their stuff to be honest, but never had two of anything so not had size related issues. However, I bought my second pair of Humvees last week without trying on as I knew my others were a large. I’ll have to try them on before I need them after reading this!

andytherocketeer

In older versions I had to “upgrade” to XXL when I’d be XL in anything else. Newer ones, the XXL is a bit tight. And it’s not just too many pies since the older XXL now feel looser than I remember when they were new. AFAIK they don’t do an XXXL and there’s no way I’m an XXXL in anything.
    Endura’s not the only brand that does that. Schoeffel I have to upgrade one size. Shimano shoes have to upgrade 2 EU sizes. Gloves of any kind (bike, ski, etc.) from any brand could be +/-2 sizes from what I reckon would be normal.

MrNice
    Free Member

I have 3 pairs of their shorts all in the same size and it’s like the 3 bears – one too small, one too big, one just right. I like the kit but the sizing is utterly random and it’s not just that they always come up big (or small).

hora
    Free Member

If their sizing is that random you’ve got to question their approach to QC

MoreCashThanDash

I have a pair of too small “large” Humvee 3/4s and a pair of way too big “XL” Zyme 3/4s. Altura have better sizing but I prefer the cut of endura

andytherocketeer

Just bought Altura and something else. Both half the price of Endura. The innershorts probably will not get used (Endura ones look far better quality), so long as the baggy bits stay up, with or without the clicky belt thing.

IdleJon

hora – Member

If their sizing is that random you’ve got to question their approach to QC

Not just the QC. I bought a middle layer cycling jersey a few years ago. When it turned up it was a tiny long sleeved top in a slightly thicker fabric than most of my cycling tops. It barely stretched onto me and it was obvious that it didn’t matter which size I bought they’d all be a stretch.

I sent an email off to them, being rather impatient that nothing I bought from Endura actually did the job very well. A lady from Endura emailed back to say that the top had been poorly described and should have been sold as a mid-compression layer.

I’m not an expert but I’m guessing that having anything on under a compression layer is going to give compression in the wrong places. And that is rather different from a mid-layer cycling jersey.

So I’ve always assumed that they released a really badly fitting garment onto the market and hoped nobody would notice. I still use the thing as a cold weather running base layer, but the stitching started coming apart very quickly so any compression benefits it may have accidentally provided are gone now.

devash
    Free Member

Endura sizing on all their lines is completely all over the place.

I’m an L in their shorts when I should be an M.

An XL in their gloves when I should be an L.

An XXL in their overshoes when I should be an L.

They make quite stylish, functional (albeit not the most robust) gear and their prices are usually reasonably but I’d be hesitant to order anything online without the ability to return.

toby1

I have a windchill jacket where the zip links don’t mesh properly so at times I can zip it up, but then I’m stuck till I can forcefully unzip it.

I have a waterproof where on the second use the drawcord at the bottom snapped.

I have a selection of pairs of shorts and 3/4’s – the sizing is all over the place the 2 3/4 tights I have are both apparently the same size, one is loose and one cuts off the blood, never had a problem with poppers till the most recent singletracks where they are bobbins. Most have problems with seams but I do use them to commute in and I’m notoriously hard wearing on things.

I have merino socks with holes in after not many uses, gloves where the seams went after 1 spill and baba baselayers where the merino has laddered with no impact or cause to.

Really I need to stop shopping with them, but their stuff is pretty cheap and it’s not altura which is just really cheap.

Also add to this that all the local biks shops seem to stock is Endura so it makes buying from other brands a chore.

If someone could please recommend me a reliable, similarly priced manufacturer of I’d be ever so pleased 🙂

tarquin
    Free Member

I had a pair of their 3/4 bibs in a medium.

They were oddly sized, fitted around the backside fine, but odd around the groin.

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe we all need to meet up with our Endura kit and just have a big swapping session – between us we probably have enough for everyone, in the right sizes, just no one has anything that actually fits them….

andyrm
    Free Member

Yup – find exactly the same in my Singletracks…….. Popper just won’t stay done up, the second you move on the bike, they end up half falling down. Not a strong look!!!

RustySpanner

tthew – Member

Only thing for it is to go and buy from a proper bricks’n’mortar shop I think.

You ever tried finding decent stock of female specific mtb gear in the shops?
    Evans had four pairs of the shorts Sue wanted, in her size, in the whole country.

Just taken them back – staff at Evans not interested.

Creaky

I tried 2 pairs of Singletrack shorts on earlier this year. One were 2012 in small and the other 2013 in medium. There was barely any difference between them. Given my previous experience with their sizing, I’m not surprised. I think they need to be a lot tougher with the factories making their stuff.

bigjim

I find the short liners completely bonkers, I am a pretty skinny guy but find the leg grippers far too tight even in a size too big, just don’t think they are using cyclists to test their kit for fit. On the plus side I’ve had a pair of 3/4 shorts that have lasted years and years, they are going from black to blue with all the washing but really solidly made.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Zymes in small that are about right and a pair of Hummvees that are a bit small. I was wondering if their sizing was XC/euro roadie? 😉

Seriously though, my favourite bike shorts are all Spesh’s. Quality and sizing are bang on, the liners are awesome and the things just won’t die. It’s just a shame that noone seems interested in importing them properly (I’ve been told that there’s something to do with import and exchange rates that makes them ‘difficult’ which I assume to mean either ‘too expensive to sell’ or ‘not enough profit at a price we can charge’…)

IdleJon

I have merino socks with holes in after not many uses, gloves where the seams went after 1 spill and baba baselayers where the merino has laddered with no impact or cause to.

I find the socks are excellent for the price. The only Endura garments I’d recommend to anyone. And I’ve got two BaaBaa baselayers – one laddered with no impact, same as yours, and the other looks perfect..

Really I need to stop shopping with them, but their stuff is pretty cheap and it’s not altura which is just really cheap.

I’ve never had any problems at all with Altura stuff despite wearing it in the same places, same way, as my Endura gear. 😕

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Endura shorts – sizing all over the place. Anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.