• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Endura-related Rant
  • enfht
    Free Member

Endura baggies less than a year old and already “bobbling” all over. I’d have thought they’d use a fabric which was fit for purpose..maybe they all just wear lycra up in the highlands?

“At Endura we believe in testing the equipment we sell” what a load of bollox 😐

peachos
    Free Member

bobbles aren’t the end of the world though 😆

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’ve had the same with a pair of my humvees

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

Never had a problem myself. I’ve got some MT500 and Singletrack baggies that are both over two years old and never had any bobbling issues.

enfht
    Free Member

bobbles aren’t the end of the world though

A wee disclaimer of “may contain bobbles” would have been nice 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wrong washing powder, Geoff Banks said so himself in the ’90s.

Del

bobbles? meh.
    extraordinarily variable sizing and 5hit belts on the other hand…

MrAgreeable

Endura stuff is very hit and miss IME. Some stuff like the Burner shorts I have started falling apart within a couple of rides. Other stuff has been soldiering on for years.

hora
    Free Member

I have two lovely scrape/scab lines at round the back of my knees from the velcro on my Humvees. Sore- so Ive switched to my good ol Kona Primos!

grumm
    Free Member

Not impressed with my Endura shorts. The liner is really uncomfy too.

Burchy1
    Free Member

try zips that break (one pair has only one functioning zip left…out of 5) and seams that come apart. Oh and you may aswell just bin the liner straight away.

Thing is i like the fit, and they’re comfy, so until i can find shorts for the same price, looks like i’m stuck with em 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Not impressed with my Endura shorts. The liner is really uncomfy too.

I’ll second that. I usually wear 3/4 bibs under my Humvees but yesterday I wore the clip in liners for the first time. After 2 hours it felt like I had been on the wrong end of some vigorous prison romance.

thomthumb
    Free Member

your lucky you can get the liner on. I wear a medium/large/small endura short (sizing aint great is it!!) but the XL linet won’t go past my thighs!

crazy-legs

Endura stuff is a bit strange on the sizing front sometimes but it’s exceellent kit, I’ve got a couple of their waterproofs which are the best I’ve ever worn and one of the 2 pairs of their baggy shorts I’ve got is SO comfy. Weird sizing on the other pair of shorts though…

Del

it’s a real shame, as the design is excellent in the most part, liners aside. i’d buy more humvees if i could get them without the liner, but object to paying for something i’m going to bin straight away. indeed i’ve recently bought another pair of singletracks, in the knowledge that i’ll have to sew the belts, add velcro, or wrap them around the buckles in a convoluted manner, because the shorts themselves are really pretty good. it would be great to see them sort out the quality issues and get some consistency, but i’m not holding my breath.

woffle
    Free Member

I bought one pair of Humvees – they’re going strong after 12 months of regular use. However – as mentioned the belt is next to useless and they bobbled and frayed up far too quickly. Wouldn’t buy another pair..

Oh and if anyone wants to buy a used-once padded liner for £6 posted let me know. Couldn’t get on with it at all.

james
    Free Member

Singletracks are better in almost* every way than humvees IMO
    They don’t come with a liner, but the humvee one is next to useless anyway

*the thinner humvees are better in hotter weather though

chakaping
    Free Member

My Humvee outers have come unstitched twice (original and replacement pair).

The inners have split at pad seam twice (original and replacement).

eVent 3/4s came unstitched and outer layer peeled away at seam too.

I think they need a new sewing machine.

hora
    Free Member

Singletrack? I loved mine however the faux-belt strap snapped after fraying away otherwise I rate(d) them highly.

I’m wearing XL Humvees but the liner is uber-tight fitting. Sheesh. Even accounting for dehydration I had marked on my legs for hours yesterday and it felt such a relief to get them off. Ps- 34/35inch waist with a black ladies ass.

Just to add- WHY DID KONA STOP MAKING KONA PRIMO? WHY?

Keva
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Endura 3/4 length shorts. The belt & the liner went straight in the bin – not fit for **** all. The shorts seem to be ok although a couple of the panels seem to have turned blue !?! As usual the best shorts I have are not available any more !

Kev

Bimbler
    Free Member

I love my singletracks but my Humvees did go a bit funny – I blame fabric conditioner, I don’t use it any more.

DezB
    Free Member

I blame fabric conditioner

No cycling gear should be washed with fabic conditioner.

My kit lasts for bloody ages. Maybe I don’t use it enough, or I’ve got too much kit! I think it’s cos I wash it properly though.

hora
    Free Member

I wash my shorts roughly once every three rides. If it doesnt smell why wash it?!

DezB
    Free Member

How do you wash roughly?

Spud

Wore through my eVent jacket’s inner face fabric, not given a replacement as it ‘would happen again’!

Back to another brand’s Paclite!

lovell
    Free Member

“At Endura we believe in testing the equipment we sell” what a load of bollox
    Ever met any employees of Endura? Know their riding habits? Taken product back to see if they will resolve?

crazy-legs

Taken product back to see if they will resolve?

Endura warranty/customer service is excellent.

Del

Taken product back to see if they will resolve?

their belts were gash two years ago, as were their liners, so although this seems to be fairly well acknowledged i’d love to know what the response would be to ‘this is gash implementation/design or quality control, please resolve it’.
    maybe they just think it acceptable for the money?
    because i’ve just bought more of their stuff, despite the flaws, maybe i get what i deserve?
    or maybe by discussing it here someone will take some notice, their products will improve, and everyone will be happy?
    this isn’t a witch hunt.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Endura-related Rant’ is closed to new replies.