Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Endura MT500 Shorts
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any good? basically not to bothered about them being fully waterproof all over, but im digging the idea of a waterproof bottom – question is are they really waterproof on the bum? and what is the wear rate like on them in winter with mud etc

sick of having a wet ass at the mo, everytime i go out recently ive had a soaking chamois pad and generally quite horrible feeling for the rest of the ride…

any thoughts appreciated!

singletracksurfer

Keep me dry. love them. Lighter than the singletracks too, so my favourite shorts at the moment.

palookah
    Free Member

I’ve had 2 sets of the MT500 baggies and 1 of the lycra (along with two versions of 3/4 humvee baggies and the pricey softshell) over 8 years or so…

One thing every item has had in common is falling apart after an unacceptable peroid of time, stitching is usually the first to go, in the case of the softshell it was the glued panels.

I used to love the fit and prices were/are reasonable – but I now stump up more for decent stuff that lasts.

orangefatlad
    Free Member

Completely agree with him ^^^ (palooka)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm doesnt sound great – though money doesnt mean you get amazing quality anyways – ive had 2 pairs of gore alp x shorts that are 100quid and the seams come away on the ass of them within one winter….

its more for the ass waterproof im bothered about, ive got 2 pairs of singletrack shorts and they have been great, so if they are similar quality to them then id be happy enough, thanks for the pointers so far though

supercyril
    Free Member

Everything I own with the word endura on it has been repaired at least once by my mother in law. It’s a real shame because it looks good but is outlasted by aldi stuff easily.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

They have a great warranty service but love mine.

bowglie

My wife and I both have a MT500 ‘spray baggies’ (had ’em over a year), the ones she’s got have been great, have worn well and the ar*e panel has stayed waterproof. Mine on the other hand – the first pair leaked badly after 2 rides, so replaced by LBS for another pair – which also leaked from new. I noticed yesterday that one of the seams has now worn through.

So, IMO, a good concept, but sadly it’s the usual Endura hit & miss quality (seems to have got worse since production went to China – er…what a surprise!)

If it’s any help, I think Altura do a clone of the spray baggies – dunno if quality is any better tho.

MrGreedy

I’ve got 3 pairs of the MT500 sprays (including one set of 3/4s) and haven’t had any of the quality issues above – maybe I’ve just been lucky. The waterproof panels are excellent, and have stood up to plenty of grit and crud without noticeable wear. The cordura sections on the front are fairly breathable so you don’t get too sweaty if it’s warm (unlike the Altura Attacks I also own, which are completely made out of the waterproof material). Overall I’m very happy with them, and they’ll continue to be my default short for any vaguely iffy weather.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thats great cheers for the info guys – seem pretty hit and miss, but at least some positive notes above – think i may well go for them, i probably wont use them all the time exactly as above if the weather looks iffy or its been peeing it down day before ride etc

Jeffus
    Free Member

Seams all fell out of mine today , a spiders web of tape, 30deg wash, every time still fell to pieces, not been water proof from day one 18 months old. 😥 All my Endura shorts have fell to bits …..

steve_b77
    Free Member

My MT500 spray baggies have worn out after a year of riding, the tapes on the bum seams have come away and they’re no longer waterproof on the bum bit.

Nice fitting shorts though

sambob
    Free Member

Madison Tempest seem tough so far, as an alternative.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have some of the 3/4 MT500’s, certainly doing the job so far including being pretty waterproof although they do seem more flimsy than an older pair of Endura shorts especially around stitching and zips.

boltonjon

I’ve been running a pair since July and i’m very impressed – no quality issues to report

mandog

Pleased with mine, has kept my ring piece dry all winter.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 Shorts’ is closed to new replies.