Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Endura MT500 Jacket
  • Monster101

Hi folks,

Just purchased a mt500 burner waterproof jacket and I have a technical question for the singletrack collective.

This is brand new and on first wear water only seems to bead on the shoulders and is soaking into the arms? I have used gore paclite in the past and it always beaded when brand new and then when it started soaking in, you could reactivate or wash with grangers/nikwax beading as the jacket got older.

Do you think this is faulty, its supposed to be a PTFE membrane (similar to gore)but I thought the initial waterproofing would be all over? Anyone else got one?

Thanks

Alan

Duc
    Free Member

Not got an MT 500 but for pretty much all "waterproof" breathable fabrics they rely on a "DWR" Durable Water Repellent coating to remian both waterproof and breathable.
    This coating is what causes the water to bead and run off – if the DWR is not present or damaged then the fabric will still be waterproof but will not be breathable as the face fabric is likely to "wet out". and it will feel like it is letting water in when in fact it is moisture unable to get out

It sounds to me like a conversation with Endura is probably needed – they seem like friendly enough chaps so drop em an email

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 Jacket’ is closed to new replies.