• This topic has 22 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by golo.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Endura Jackets – MT500 vs Singletrack
  • philstone

Anyone tried out the new Singletrack jacket from Endura? I’m in the market and was tempted by the MT500 II but the new Singletrack is tempting, but there are zero reviews of it (that I can find..)

doubledunter
    Free Member

Not tried the singletrack jacket but the new MT500 2 is by far the best jacket Ive purchased in recent years, highly recommend the shorts also

jambalaya
    Free Member

Can’t answer soecific question. The MT500 3/4 length shorts I have are great as is their windchill jacket, I am loyal to the brand as its always performed, expecting some bib shorts too as on the Christmas list

philstone

doubledunter – whats the drop like on the MT500 II? I’ve had a Stealth in the past and the drop wasn’t great – I put that down to the more racing cut though..

bungalistic
    Free Member

I have the new singletrack jacket but only used it on 1 ride, it coped fine with the wind and rain on that day. It’s a straight up shell jacket as there is no kind of lining inside. I went for the small as i’m a slim(ish) 5’8″ chap.

StuE
    Free Member
    mrblobby
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/grrr-endura

They’ll leak. Or the zips will break. Or the stitching will come undone. Probably on the first ride.

votchy
    Free Member

They’ll leak. Or the zips will break. Or the stitching will come undone. Probably on the first ride.

or they will work flawlessly for as long as you keep the garment 😀

tonyg2003

I’m getting a MT500 II this week – I’ll post when I’ve take it out on a few rides.

thorpie
    Free Member

Never had any issues with Endura kit, not one broken zip or a single stitch undone. Used it for years.

eshershore
    Free Member

I got the new Singletrack jacket in black with the red detailing direct from Endura on a staff deal a few weeks back

not gone riding in it (its too nice to get muddy, and I still have my Endura eVent jacket for that) but it seems well made; the sizing does come up big as I am always a medium in Endura and it feels huge but I guess that is to allow a fleece underneath and room to move around

philstone

How does it feel compared to the MT500 – I’m sure its not as good, but realistically my longest rides in the worst weather are going to be an hour or so.. I’m thinking the MT500 would be an all day type whereas the Singletrack is more short rides?

prezet
    Free Member

I have the older MT500 jacket and it’s done really well. The only thing I don’t like is the zip pocket on the forearm – but it looks like they’ve removed that from the Mk2 version.

cokie

I’m interested in the two as well..
    Whats the difference internally of the two jackets? Is the Singletrack a shell and Mt500 a more layered option? Trying to work out if it’s worth an extra £60 overt the singletrack.

philstone

I’m researching this all over the net! The Singletrack is 2.5 layer (no lining but a type of print on the inside) whereas the MT500 is 3 layer (mesh lining..)

benp1

In general, 3 layer jackets have no need for the mesh lining. They’re naturally more robust

Couldn’t tell you about the Endura ones without researching them

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Tried them both on recently when looking for a new winter coat.

MT500 felt pretty good, decent fit in the body, long enough sleeves. Too spendy for a jacket that’s going to spend it’s life covered in clart and getting crashed down rocks.

Singletrack (in the same size) fitted like a potato sack. As soon as I bent into an “on bike” position there was this big mass of material all bunched up down my front. The 2 front pockets would also end up inaccessible beneath a camelback hip belt.

Ended up buying a Madison Addict that seems to split the difference nicely.

philstone

Well I’ve just ordered the SIngletrack – had a few vouchers to use up so in all it came down to £49.. will report back!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Too spendy for a jacket that’s going to spend it’s life covered in clart and getting crashed down rocks.

This has always troubled me with expensive bike kit too.

OP the Addict I’ve been looking at too. Indecision, indecison.

philstone

So my Singletrack jacket has arrived – went for a small – which is usually on the toight side in Endure on me – fits like a glove. The sizes are definitely more generous than other Endura stuff.

Assumed the riding a bike pose in the office and didn’t think it sacked up too much.

Will test it out over the weekend and report back, but so far its a solid thumbs up from me.

philstone

Tested today in howling wind and rain – very impressed! Kept me nice and dry so I could concentrate on enjoying the mud.. Only criticism I could think of (and this is being really critical) is that the back cold drop slightly longer..

kennyp
    Free Member

Can’t answer the exact question, but I’ve never had a bit of MT500 kit I didn’t love. Oldest bit is about 14 years old now and still going well.

golo
    Free Member

Tried my new MT500 at BPW today. Loved it. Mega ventage thanks to mesh lined pockets and cavernous wide open ones aft. Didn’t overheat on the way up. Zipped up for a toasty ride down. Hard to say whether the big moisture shifting numbers made much of a difference.

May have helped that I bit the bullet and also tried out on of the new Camelbak fanny pack things. Lovely not to have anything on my back. Blues and reds only though….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Endura Jackets – MT500 vs Singletrack’ is closed to new replies.