Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Endura Event trousers any good?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Whoa! they're pricey! But are they any good? Is there an effective alternative? Expecting the usual STW argument and debate, but I was wondering if any 'users' are able to offer opinions…

votchy
    Free Member

I have the event 3/4's, warm, waterproof and not too sweaty, I like them

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

A guy i work with uses them and really rates them – i've got Altura waterproof shorts and the Endura eVent ones seem a LOT more breathable

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

I have the 3/4s. They're functionally great: Well cut, comfy, good pockets, keep water out, breathable.

But I'm now on my 2nd pair because the outer layer peeled away a bit in the bum area on the 1st pair after not too much use.

Swinnertons replaced with no questions, as they have all the ropey Endura items I've bought from them.

downshep

Got the full length ones. Wore them last week when riding in the pissing rain /sleet. Warm dry and comfortable all day. Fantastic bit of kit when out on the hill in poor weather. As stated above, not too sweaty, even with the lower velcro straps closed for chainset clearance.

eVent stuff is great. I have worn these trousers when out walking in preference to heavier Gore Tex. I also once wore an endura eVent jacket when running a half marathon in the cold and rain. It was dry inside at the finish. Top kit.

jim
    Free Member

I'd have to agree with the above, really good performance but the durability doesn't really seem up to it in the seat area. Sadly CRC refused to warranty mine so I have to put up with them leaking a bit 😕

nickegg
    Free Member

Jim – Try going to Endura directly. I did so when my first pair of 3/4 started to give a wet arse after about 6 months. I couldn't remember where i got them from but having sent them in i remembered.

Endura issued the shop a credit note, the shop refunded my credit card and i went and bought some more from CRC, BUT THESE STARTED LEAKING TOO!!!!

Somewhat randomly though, i recieved a parcel from Endura a few months ago….a brand new pair of 3/4 shorts! I sold them.

They're great when they worked but that didn't last long.

Garry_Lager

Wouldn't choose endura for kecks – they're nice and well-designed but not built to last. Like them for jackets and bibs, but had a couple of trousers from them that have fallen to bits.

boxfish
    Free Member

Also on a replacement pair of Endura 3/4s. I'm afraid that despite following the care instructions to the letter, it's the second pair that leave me with a damp arse. Not what you expect when chucking £100 at a pair of waterproof shorts.

snowpaul
    Free Member

ok

I always post this – EX army goretex trousers from ebay – get german ones and they have a high back with braces = awesome – not cut too great for riding BUT 25 quid ish and totally waterproof and bombproof unlike various cycling trousers i have had in the past which were meant to be waterproof….

oh can cut them down into great waterproof shorts

paul

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Endura Event trousers any good?’ is closed to new replies.