Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • endura convert jacket
  • GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Hi there the other half said she would buy me a bike jacket for xmas.I am thinking of the endura convert II jacket.I will mostly use it for commuting to work (6 miles to and from) and a blast off road when i get the chance.
    Are they any good?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Had mine a year and one of the zips has come unstitched on the arms. I'm sure it will fix.

They don't breath very well and I end up quite wet inside after a hard ride. Oooer.

Other than that it's not a bad jacket for the money and I won't be gutted when I put a hole it from a crash.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Anymore views

gazza100

Was looking at that one for my son. After my experiences with Endura products, iv gone for an Altura nevis jacket instead, from bikesyoulike for £35 down from £50.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Myself and 3 riding friends all have these jackets, we rate them well.

We also look like a set of coordinated idiots too, but that won't be a problem for you.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Any more views?

jamieandangela
    Free Member

Awesome jacket plus the two into one function is superb……go on buy one you won't regret it. I got mine at Scotby Cycles in Carlise recently as they had them on sale.

matt_outandabout

Great jackets, tough, simple, comfy. Mines ace. Not the most breathable.

mickasaki
    Free Member

More uncle bens 'boil in a bag' than breathable i found. had one for a little while and hated it so much i got rid of it! look good though!

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Blimey mickasaki what jacket did you replace it with mate.

mickasaki
    Free Member

I gave in and got a Gore pac light in the end. Expensive but worth it. Maybe i just swet to much!!! Maybe it was just my one? Endura make some quality kit, but you do tend to get what you pay for with technical clothing

DomC
    Free Member

I have one too, but I hardly ever wear it as it's about as breathable as a shopping bag. Like jockhaggis, the zip on one my arms has come away from the coat, so perhaps there's a bit of a quality issue there too. I'd be tempted to go for something else to be honest if you ride even remotely hard or intend to use it for regular offroad rides as well. Pace 3 x 3 gets good reviews, but you can only get it directly from Pace

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Think I am going to go with a Venturi II from Endura.Very nice!!!

robgarrioch

Have you read the jackets review in the current mag GSI? Don't have it to hand, but IIRC the Pace 3×3 was top for breathability + w'proofing + an Altura marked v highly too. The test seemed to be slanted towards performance while cycling hard in pish weather, so maybe not suited to lighter-duty use, if that's what you're after.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Yes thanks I have read the reveiw.Pace 3×3 looks very good but obviously you can only buy direct and I would like to try it on for size,fit etc.So on that I am probably going to go for the Venturi II as i really like the look and fit and everything else it has to offer.And also it has had some good reviews.Cheers.

organic355
    Free Member

also waterproof jacket grouptest in Decembers MBR magazine.

Top rated were
    Endura Venturi 2 £140
    GORE fusion 2 £275
    Gore pathh 2 £135

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Cheers organic355 I think that the Endura Venturi 2 is the one for me. 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

where are you getting the venturi 2 from?, cheapest I have found is UKbikestore.co.uk at £126.

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Yeah cheers mate thats one of the cheapest places i could find as well.A few places at the same price.Not a bad price.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘endura convert jacket’ is closed to new replies.