Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Endura Clothing – pants!
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Just got back from SITS (ironically sponsored by Endura) to find my two Cirrus jerseys have holes in the rear pockets where stitching has come undone, and the padding on a pair of shorts has stitching also coming undone (mucho chaffage!)

I have already had to return another pair of lycra shorts (for the same reason as above) and my original pair of Singletrack shorts.

Glad I went for the sunglasses scrappage and not the shorts!

Will be making a positive effort to avoid from their stuff from now on.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good designs. Duff stitching.

br
    Free Member

Never had a problem with any of their gear.

Many variations of glove/short/jersey/waterproof.

topangarider
    Free Member

b r – it does seem inconsistent. I have a pair of singletrack trousers that have seen more use than my Singletrack shorts and they're going strong still.

What sort of warranty comes with their gear? Off to look………….

hora
    Free Member

Lovely kit but appalling for longevity. From their Singletrack shorts, Humvee shorts and various gloves.

They seemed to be made for lightweight or on a extreme production budget.

Pity as it looks and feels great – just not for mountain biking. Possibly gym or the man on his summer commute.

trailmonkey

got lots of their stuff. lasts just as long as anyone elses ime

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

How long have you had them for?

Every brand has issues with stitching, bad zips etc. If you where to avoid all brands with issues you'd have nothing to wear.

Its the aftersales service that makes a diference give them a ring and see what they offer.

topangarider
    Free Member

does that mean everyone is trying to dupe us?

I have a long sleeved Parrot jersey that's ancient and that's still in great knick. Parrot, however, are not.

Brown
    Free Member

I've had 3 pairs of their shorts and the stiching failed on all of them within a few months. I decided not to buy endura again.

Then I forgot about the not buying thing and bought some winter gloves. The stiching failed on the second ride.

hora
    Free Member

Brown thats what happened to me. On one set of gloves I'd wonder what would happen if I fell off on them.

Its the aftersales service that makes a diference give them a ring and see what they offer

I had 4 sets of shorts replaced kindly by my LBS- I decided to keep the 4th and give up as it was getting embarrising.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

No one is trying to dupe us,

Its just not matter what brand you put on a site like this and say you've had a problem with someone else will have to, There is not a single brand in the industry that has a 0% error rate.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Endura lasts better than a lot of brands i've used.

neil853
    Free Member

I've also had a number of failures, stitching on all of them and the apparent lack of water resistance of their so called 'water resistant' gloves (strike). I will vouch for their customer service however as they have been very good, but I wish they didn't go wrong!

It does get to the stage when you get sick of stuff going wrong and you just give up.

hora
    Free Member

Sombrio (now)

and

Kona (years ago) used to be really robust.

Endura is just too thin for off-road use IMO.

matt_outandabout

Endura lasts better than a lot of brands i've used.

Same here.

Oh yes, apart from the woeful Strike gloves – NOT waterproof from day one, busted seams from about ride 3, crap design (try taking them off with your gloves on) and now all the insulation and liner are out of place, so they are cold and a pain to put on.

Sombrio = super kit, bombproof and comfy.

markgraylish
    Free Member

For a bit of balance…

I've got two very old Endura MT500 jerseys. They each must be well over 10 yrs old and have been used and abused many many times. Now used 5 days a week in winter for commuting. Stitching is still perfect though the colours have faded somewhat.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have a pair of Zymes which have been great. The only problem is that the female bit of the popper needed squashing inwards a bit as it was popping off every few minutes. Had a few falls in them on rough ground and only got one tear, which hasn't got any bigger. My arms and legs were much worse for wear!

speaker2animals

I have never had a problem. Did have one pair of 3/4 bib shorts that the pad started to come loose on. Returned and a new pad (and IMO better) installed free of charge. I have a pair of MT500 shorts that are 14/15 years old and have had a lot of use. Still in good working order. Another old ~5 years old 3/4 bibs now have the pad coming away. Endura can replace with a new pad for £16, rest of shorts in good nick still and as about £60 I think a £16 repair is a worthwhile investment. Sorry for all those who have had a bad experience with them. I can only sing Endura's praises.

IdleJon

The first problem I had with Endura was last August when I ordered a thermal mid-layer by mail order. I tried it on when it arrived to find that it was as tight a piece of lycra as I have ever worn, and certainly not one that I'd wear without an outer layer, because it made me look lumpy! 😳

I emailed Endura asking how they could describe this piece of clothing as a mid-layer, they replied saying that it's a 'compression mid-layer'. I emailed back saying that 'compression mid layers' make no sense at all, because the compression is going to be altered by anyhing that is worn underneath. They basically made a mistake, I think.

However, I thought I'd try it on again and decided to keep it for the coldest part of the winter (using it as an actual base-layer), and then the zip on the rear pocket fell apart. At this point, I hadn't even got on a bike with the top on. Fairly sick of the thing by then, I did wear it, and the chest zip jammed up after about 6 washes.

At around the same time I had an Endura merino top which randomly developed a hole in the forearm (no snagging, just wear by the look of it) after about 4 or 5 rides, and the buckle closure thing on my wife's 3/4 shorts fell off on the first wear.

The clothes aren't particularly expensive, but I do expect them to last more than a month without falling apart.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

If i ride for longer then a couple of hours in my padded shorts i get chafing. Have tried Lusso stuff and the pad is far far far better i won't buy anymore of their padded lycra, but singletrack shorts and 3/4 shorts are great

DT78
    Free Member

Had 3 pairs of humvee shorts, all have ripped badly in the crotch, after a fair bit of riding so thought that was ok, got myself some sombrio badass shorts and they are so much better. After 18 months of being my favourite shorts they are just about looking like they are probably on their last legs, worn through the fabric. I'll buy sombrio again.

topangarider
    Free Member

Re wear rate being similar on all brands – I also have a pair of North Face Meridian walking shorts that I've had for 4 years and have seen as much cycling wear as the Singletracks, plus loads of walking (obviously). Whilst the material on the arse is looking little worn now, the stitching between the legs is still intact – as are all the other velcro bits and zips. And they cost nearly half a pair of Singletrack shorts – and from a massive brand with a hell of a mark up.

donks
    Free Member

I have the trousers and they are absolutely bomber, I've had two good seasons out of them and they are going strong, almost like new TBH, I also have the 3/4 waterproofs and these are really good and tough (although not really waterproof any more) so no complaints here.

Tiger6791

Love the stuff, great gear and good customer service

nodrog2
    Free Member

I've found the Humvee shorts to have quite a short lifespan (stitching goes pretty quickly), to be expected really though (what do you expect when you get 2 pairs of shorts for £45). On the other hand i've found the Zyme shorts to be very durable and i've also got 3 pairs of MT500 shorts that are still going strong (2 of the pairs over 10 years old!).

trail_rat
    Free Member

again for balance –

1 x merino baabaa – worn every day for 4 months – then every other ride when i got back – had it for 2 years now – its holey and worn NOW but functional- i think its fair to say its seen more miles in those 2 years than most(but ill admit not all) peoples clothing sees !

a pair of stealth lite trousers – 1 winters commuting THEN the full 24 hours of strathpuffer – start to finish. wore the waterproofness out the arse – you know grinding paste mud i expected no less – endura sent me out a new pair !

FS260 pro shorts x 3 – other than that i bought red ones because im an idiot – they are so superbly comfy its unbelievable and the first pair were bought same time as the baabaa – and worn nearly as much

baabaa socks are also really good and long lasting – i only have 2 pairs yet they are the first pair i look for when going riding or running , comfy thin warm and quick drying. – their coolmax socks are so cheap for cycling socks that i stopped buying normal socks and just buy coolmax socks when i need socks and thus have an endless supply of cycling socks

gloves i have an issue with though – inconsistant sizing , bad velcro and bad stitching – it aint all a bed of roses that i wont pretend !

scruzer
    Free Member

Not read all posts but I am fed up with the stitching quality of 99% of bike clothing manufacturers. I have just got some of the new type Endura liners and after 2 rides have stitched up the inner side of the elastic waist band. My Altura commuter over pants have just de-stiched on the outer reinforced seat after light use only! They are all rubbish!! Yet outdoorsie types like Rab, Low Alpine, Mountain Equipment, well all except North Face last me years and years. Have some karrimor stuff that is 15 years in regular use and still sound!!

Mounty_73

I am a big fan of Endura stuff, had loads over the years and still using humvee & now singletrack shorts, got base layers, jackets, lycra shorts, socks, gloves….(touch wood) never had any problems other than sizing issues with some stuff…

But I have to say I love the Endura stuff, tried other brands but I always seem to come back to Endura, it just works for me.

topangarider
    Free Member

Mounty_73 – did you get a free pair of shorts for that?!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

The buckles on the shorts seem to be cosmetic only and have fallen apart on both my pairs of shorts although it has no effect on performance, I love my hummvees but the stitching is a bit iffy and i don't think they are particularly well put together in places. That said i do still like the stuff and would probably buy again as it isn't too badly priced and I've had similar problems with pricier brands

Speshpaul

"I had an Endura merino top which randomly developed a hole in the forearm (no snagging, just wear by the look of it)"

Moths? they have eat my merino over the summer

Mounty_73

Mounty_73 – did you get a free pair of shorts for that?!

No I didnt…..do you think I should ?! 😉

I think its because I hear a lot of people have problems with Endura, but I dont and I love the brand, it just works for me…..I know it sounds like I am a salesman for Endura…

I'm just about to buy a new jacket……………..can you guess which brand ?! lol

topangarider
    Free Member

Update – they're sending a new replacement item for each (apart from the red Cirrus jersey as they don't have that, so I'm getting a Rapido and some socks).

Pretty good service, just wish it wouldn't happen in the first place. Still to be convinced about future purchases.

scruzer
    Free Member

Topangarider- following my input here, I posted similar last night after my liners split stiching again after riding yesterday. Not impressed with their quality!! Last chance befor I return them to Endura… Its odd cos Im sat in a Low Alpine Dryflow that is at least 7 years old and made of delicate fabric, not a single thread out of place after years of solid wear…

topangarider
    Free Member

Scruzer – you're right! I have loads of walking/climbing gear thats plenty old and in better condition. I have a 14yr old Mountain Equipment fleece thats still got all its original stitching and zip and still sees regular use.

Are we getting fleeced by bike clothing companies? (Pun intended)

jordie
    Free Member

fs 260 pro shorts i have had for years and lasting well
    Stealth jacket i really like it and no problems
    Gloves they are just rubbish

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Endura Clothing – pants!’ is closed to new replies.