Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Endomondo.com
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

Does anybody else use this, I discovered an app for it last week and I used it on Sunday, and I love the geekyness of it…. but what else can it do?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I keep forgetting to update my training on there 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t know what else it can do but I’m using the free version (for blackberry) and really like it for tracking my road mileage – it does seem to be a couple of miles short of what my mates Garmin gps says though.

MicArms

join the STWchallenge for a start..

The standard app ( free one) is good enough, but for £2.61, you can get the pro version, which allows you to race against previous routes yuo or friends have done, and a few other things on there too.
    I assume you’ve already logged onto the supporting website?

MicArms

Also , depends on what phone you use.. HTC desire and I’ve had no problems. Mate’s apple 4 phone didn’t like the autopause function and would rob him of a mile over a 18 mile loop when comparing to his normal bike computer.. Sotware is regularly updated though, o if there is a glitch , tell them and they sort it.

zbonty

I love it. A mate told me about it and I’m hooked. Just using the free one at the moment.

I use it everyday and is a great motivator for me tracking my commute. As above, the distances seem marginally shorter than my bike computer. A bit heavy on battery use mind(iPhone) but thumbs up from me.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Great app and website. Have various friends and family using it now and comparing monthly exercise.

Tempted to the get the bluetooth heart rate monitor too for the extra DATA…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve noticed the tracking isnt that accurate. It appears to cut corners and straight line quite alot of sections (HTC Desire)but still not too bad. I can see where you could make a mile or so out of the ‘shortcuts’

I was wondering if it was my phone that wasnt checking signals oftern enough or some thing but can’t find any way of changing the GPS settings.

Cougar

I downloaded Endomondo and Runkeeper on the same day. So far, I’ve only trialled Runkeeper and found it to be pretty good; I’ll crack open Endomondo next time I go out and see how it fares.

Jolsa

Was using Endomondo, now on Cardio Trainer but waiting for Sports Tracker to release their announced Android/iPhone app.

Have loads of tracked stuff on Sports Tracker from the Nokia 5800 days, and the web interface for Sports Tracker is the best I’ve seen amongst all of the exercise tracking apps.

http://www.sports-tracker.com

dogbert
    Free Member

I use this as I don’t have a computer, I tracked 16 miles yesterday and it was pretty acurate even through some secluded spots, so I have no complaints…….and my mates on it so I can challenge him which is nice

bruneep

Reckon my top speed of 106mph on a ride means it’s pretty accurate 😉

Crell
    Free Member

Just been trying it out, though its reported altitude on a recent ride of 1500ft ascent seems a bit off compared to the 2800 ft from the .GPX file exported to Quo!

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

so anybody have any feedback. I use it and find it rather good actually. Especially finding routes other people have done. even used it in a walk round b&q which was mildly amusing

NJA

I use it lots, I find it very good, worked great last year in Spain too. I was able to print off some rides over there from the website when I got back.

samuri
    Free Member

I use it all the time. It sometimes goes crazy and gives you a massive top speed and the height gain is always lower than reality, sometimes by quite a lot.
    Apart from that though I think it’s great. Dead easy to use, just press start and stop, it does the rest.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As I said before use the web page when mates are out riding and give them a pep talk! First one I received whilst pootling through the woods was “is that as fast as you can go fat boy” I had no idea where the voice came from 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo.com’ is closed to new replies.