Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Endomondo Pro
  • druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been using the free version for a while and I’m considering splashing the cash for the upgrade – as much to support ongoing development as for any features. Anyone already using the Pro version (on Android) and care to comment?

In particular, how usable is the Power Saving feature?

daveb
    Free Member

“splashing the cash” – Can you retired types do that sort of thing? 😉

swoosh
    Free Member

I have been wondering the same for a while.

Does the Power Saving feature make much difference to battery consumption?

What other features does the Pro give that the free version doesn’t?

J0N
    Free Member

Not sure on the pro and power saving but switching the “Airplane mode” on stops the phone continuously updating to the web.(HTC Hero – yes that is how aeroplane is spelt on it) This made a massive difference, over 100% improvement in the battery consumption. However nobody can monitor your progress during your ride. It still updates with all the same info once you reconnect.
    Good on you if you decide to support.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Ooh, I only just noticed that. Will have to try it.

I spent the money because it was very cheap, and I felt like supporting them, as they seem like nice people from the contact I’ve had with them – eg.I suggested some useful feature for the website, they wrote back explaining why they didn’t do it yet, and then implemented it soon after.

I notice it has support for speed/cadence sensors and heart rate also, which is neat.

The pro version also supports racing against a previous workout, which is okay, but I think it only bases it on the final time of the workout, which annoys me, because my commute is three quarters hilly, then a flat section for the rest, I’d like to know how I am compared to a previous workout relative at the current point on the ride, not how good my average speed is compared to the previous workout.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo Pro’ is closed to new replies.