Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Endomondo March challenge?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

Has there been a challenge setup for March? I think the last STW related one I joined up to was the Winter Warrior one.

stayhigh

Myself, Midlands Trailquest Graham and a couple of others used to set these up. It kind of died a death when lots of people from outside the forum kept joining and putting in some obscene milage, which is fair play to them but I think put a lot of people off.

There were several attempts of putting some rules in the Challenge description to say it was for registered members only but policing that was a bit of a headache.

I can knock one out if you like though and we’ll see how it goes?

stayhigh

Here we go, new off road Challenge:

http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/8861049

I’ve set it up as a private challenge so you have to request to join.

woody2000

I can knock one out if you like though

Dirty boy! 😉

disco_stu
    Free Member

Cheers though its coming up with an access denied error message when I click on the link.

stayhigh

Dirty boy!

Well it is still muddy lol

Cheers though its coming up with an access denied error message when I click on the link.

Hmmm, not sure why that is. Has anyone else had this?

It could be where it is a private challenge. I’ve not set one of them up before so maybe it has to be invitation or friends only?

I’ve emailed you an invitation. If anyone else wants to join in say so here and I’ll email invites to your profile address. If you havent got one and want to join then email me on mine 🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Access denied here too, can I join please?

fatalbert
    Free Member

I wanna join

will
    Free Member
    stayhigh

votchy; you’re in 🙂

fatalbert; cant see an email in your profile which I’ll need to invite you. Email me and Ill send you an invite 🙂

I’m not going to be online for much longer as off to bed soon. If people post on here or email me I’ll get them added tonight from work.

Night y’all

What Stayhigh said.
    It started out as a forum thing, then ended up with hundreds of people that no one knew joining in.
    I started an invitation only one, but only got about 10 STWers join, so gave up after that.

I’m getting the access denied message too.
    It might be better to allow anyone to join, then delete the non-STWers.
    That’s not easy though, matching up STW with Endomondo names.

Edit;
    Just reopened the tab and got access.
    Anyone else who’s tried, give it a few minutes then. I know Endomondo can be a bit slow uploading rides. Looks like it’s slow allowing access too.

andytherocketeer

Still says access denied. Any chance of an invite please?

Wasn’t too bad when it was 2-3 random German guys adding themselves to the challenge (one lives round here so was handy for getting some trail ideas), but it just became stupid when half of the Iberian peninsula and Poland joined.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Can you create groups or something in Endomondo? (goes off to have a look as I’m on lunch break) I do find the challenges help motivate me to ‘extend’ my commute so I can get higher on the leaderboard 😀

Stayhigh’s put a link to this thread in the challenge description.
    Maybe it would be better to make it open to anyone, then delete anyone who doesn’t cross post here with their Endomondo name.

In case you hadn’t worked it out, I’m Graham “VeganCyclist” Phillips. We’re in to March now and, so far this year, all my mileage is single speed or tandem. 8)

andytherocketeer

grrr – the challenge was set as UK only. Just hacked my profile back to UK (although rides will be outside).

Any chance of re-sending the invite please?

MicArms

There was an STW group set up on endo. I have re edited this so people need to ask to join first.
    The link to the group is HERE. So that should cut down on the trophy hunters.

fatalbert
    Free Member

I think I’ve joined, Simon Mulderig

Edited Just checked, and its a go for launch 😀

stayhigh

Sounds like a good plan Graham. I would have quoted you but I’m on my phone which is doing its best to defy my authority.

When I get the chance tonight I’ll change it to an open challenge, location anywhere & that people have to post up who they are.

It will be fun to get it up and running again, its a good “just another half hour” motivator 🙂

mr-brightside
    Free Member

i just tried to join it said my request has gone to the administrator ? (im the smoking monkey :D)

MicArms

Just accepted you Kev.

andytherocketeer

Thanks for the 2nd invite. I changed my location to UK now, so it let me in 2nd time around.
    I’m in both challenges as Andy M (seems I’m winning one at the moment, but it won’t stay that way for long!)

DickBarton

I’ve been able to join…can’t remember what my Endomondo username is though…I think it is the same!

Does it work for private stuff as well? I post stuff up to Endomondo but mark almost all of it as Private as I figure no-one is really that interested.

I’m in, but not with this username…so I’ll leave until I work out how to fix that!

Sandwich

Sent off my application, I’m My Cams on Endomondo.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo March challenge?’ is closed to new replies.