Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ending Ebay auction/s early
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been done before.

Advertised a front mech and tyres on here, then banged them up on Ebay when it was free listing. Subsequently sold them from my original STW ad so ‘pulled’ the Ebay ads. Have just had a message from Ebay stating that they may charge me for pulling two ads in one calendar year (or in this case a week!). Is this the case? They offered the free listing, if it cost me 50p or so to advertise do they still threaten to charge me? Not really an Ebay expert, just wondered if anyone else has come across this sort of thing?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve pulled two in the past six weeks and had nothing from them.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

That makes me feel a lot better 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

My guess is they won’t flaunt their own rules. Read the small print.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve pulled a few in the last 6 months,never had an email regarding getting charged.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I end loads. You got an automated email…ignore it, eBay aren’t the law.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Just advertised some XT cranks and a Hope IBR on here, probably put them on Ebay later as (yet!) another free listing day so will see what happens if, and when, I sell them on STW.

Northwind

Does anyone else not find it, basically, not cool? I mean, I know it’s an accepted part of ebay these days but it is cheating right?

bencooper
    Free Member

I find it a little annoying that every single auction I put up I get several people asking me to end it early.

That, and why have buyers stopped leaving feedback?

jambourgie
    Free Member

I think ebay has now put a time limit on feedback. Bloody stupid because I tend to forget and then do a load at once.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ending Ebay auction/s early’ is closed to new replies.