Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Empire Evo m6
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

Been looking for a simple trail bike and it came down to an orange 5 i want single pivot simples!!

The problem is no front mech and no waterbottles

so I then found this

http://www.moredirt.com/bikekit/First-Look-Empire-Cycles-MX6-EVO/5516/

The empire seems to get great reviews all over the bloody place but no one seems to own one????

Is it worth a punt?

nosedive
    Free Member

I test rode one, didnt like it at all. Heavy, very high at the front. Geometry felt like a bike from 15 years ago. The other bikes i rode that day (g160, process 153) were in a different league performance wise. Some people seem to love them though so might be worth getting a test ride, wouldnt suggest you buy one without trying it

tomhoward

Not ridden one, but don’t remember seeing any good reviews… Very flexy by all accounts

Plus, you know, single pivot…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I am selling my mates secondhand one in medium.

email if interested

VanHalen

I have one!

It’s ace. You can adjust head angle/bbs height with alternative shock mount plates from Chris at empire. It is a heavy frame but once it’s going it doesn’t piss about. It’s a lot of bike for xc so be realistic about what you want from it, if you are going to do big rides on it make sure you can lock out forks/shock for the ups. At antur it was sooo good in the rocks, like my old dh bike, just so stable. We also did the beast at coedy and penmachno so it’s quite versatile. I’d like lighter wheels and finishing kit really.

I’m running mine 26er as I’m a cheapskate luddite. I’ve a long frame at 6ft I wouldn’t want a longer one, but that’s me, but with the current trends you might want to size up. The seat tube is the same height on all frames so it doesn’t really matter.

It gets a lot of attention on the trails.

Oh and absolutely no flex! 12mm bolt through rear sorts that out. Dunno where that bit of misinformation above came from?

daver27
    Free Member

Philxx1975, send me an email, got an extra large one here. Too much info to put on here for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Empire Evo m6’ is closed to new replies.