Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Emigrate or stay?
  • deserter
    Free Member

the packers were like a whirlwind when we went to Canada,its 4 months since we moved and it feels like 5 mins,loving every minute and not looking back at all tbh

good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself

flamejob
    Free Member

Cheers Guys.. I'll post again when I have 'laid my hat' so to speak.

We plan on staying there!

roper
    Free Member

Well It's lovely and sunny out here at the moment with a nice gentle breeze. 8)

flamejob
    Free Member

@chakaping reminded me in the thread about the possibility of me going mad to update this thread… so as I was saying….

Not been biking much as I have had to do stuff like entertain the outlaws, register the car (and me actually) build a cool staircase and buy shed loads of expensive equipment. As well as get my head round things like:
    Why, when you rent an apartment in Spain, does it not come with showerscreen/glass/curtain/pole
    Why we have two entryphones, but no-one knows how to use them
    Who in their right mind put such a freaking tiny box kitchen in a beautiful loft apartment.
    EVERYTHING closes at lunchtime, including the shops where one would go to buy the necessaries for said lunch.

Besides that everything is most pleasant. It seems that having a mini came into it's own last weekend when we had to haul some stuff to the apartment. With a 'normal' car one would need some kind of residents pass to get those retractable bolards to move but, roofrack adorned, we just nipped past and parked right in front of the door.

Speaking of which; it takes some convincing to get Taxi drivers to take me home. They NEVER believe we live on the main plaza. Maybe my Spanish accent makes me sound like someone with a Memento-like brain injury.

I planned on going over to the cable-car mountain this weekend on my 6" bike to have a look, but Mrs Flamejob has stomped on that idea as an Ikea trip is looming. Ho hum.

Also…. no Ikea on Sundays??…
    {Edit} .. and and and… Pigeons… anyone got a pigeon mincer? Bastards love crapping all over our balconies

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ha! Yeah, everything shuts down for lunch. You get used to it. The most annoying is like today when I really wanted a Napolitana but finished riding about 3:45 and couldn't be bothered waiting for 15 mins for the bakers to reopen! Sundays is shut too apart from the restaurants and pubs!

Enjoy!

Sandwich

Traps for pigeons and use them as free meat?

flamejob
    Free Member

Facinating video of said Ikea construction. Luckily they didn't have the sofa we wanted in stock so we had to order it. Lucky 'cause the assembly of that monster took all weekend!

I took a sneaky ride to the hills just north of the city last night…

.. unfortunately the rocky hills there are bordered by some fairly dodgy neighbourhoods. I imagined scenarios where I would have to use my skillz to escape from a crazed scooter gang through the urban jungle on my way back in the twilight.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Emigrate or stay?’ is closed to new replies.