Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Emergency Stan's Help!!
  • molesworth

Stan is likely to be cited in divorce proceedings at this rate…..

Any help gratefully received.

Conti X King Protection & Mavic XC 717

Followed instruction meticulously (drilled, soap etc). I finally got one to inflate and it is successfully sealed.
    Second tire – did exactly the same in terms of process and quantity of tape etc. Can not get the bugger to inflate. The tire bead at the valve side always seems to sit centrally so that there is a **** great air leak and the thing won’t hold air.

I’ve tried blasting in CO2 but whatever I do I can’t get it to work.

What am I doing wrong. I now own a unicycle.

Cheers

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have you tried to seat the tyre using an inner tube first then try it tubeless.

stoddys
    Free Member

^+1
    Had all kind of problems, one day with a tube then carefully tale out the tube add Stan’s. Straight up. 🙂

noltae
    Free Member

Opposite side.to the valve try first pushing tyre beads into the centre of rim – in hope that will free up a bit of slack to then get beads seated around valve – try pulling the tyre out as much as you can – this part can take time – but if done right tyres should hold air for a while without sealent – only then deflate and add sealent – this is what I’ve done and can inflate with a hand pump..

aracer
    Free Member

Progress then. Can you ride it yet?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I have a compressor. If you live close by then I can help you.

Compressor is the way forward man.

limkilde
    Free Member

Did you remove the valvestem before inflating??

DanW
    Free Member

Once the tyre is seated with a tube you shouldn’t have any issues. Seating the tyre with a tube is the frustrating part 😉 It can take a few goes but if the same section won’t seat then unseat the whole tyre on the offending side (if the other side is fine then leave it seated) and start from fresh. Then just unseat one side pull out the tube, pop the valve in and it should pop right on.

molesworth

Trouble is I’m using a Stans Rim Strip – so I can’t blow the tire into place using a tube. I seriously doubt this sis going to be worth the aggro….

slowrider
    Free Member

If you don’t have an air compressor get your spare car tyre and a length of plastic tube. Attach to your bike valve, then remove the core from your car valve and connect the other end of the tube. Put a bit of pressure on the tread of the tyre near the valve with your hand if that’s where you’re losing air.

gavstorie
    Free Member

throw the rim strip away and buy proper tubeless valves… then use the tube to seat the tyre ..

grilla
    Free Member

don’t forget the stage in the Stan’s video where you slap the tyre to

1. slightly push the tyre out from the centre channel
    2. Release stress

One of my rims is slightly bent and causes a leak before the tyre is seated, I inflate with a tube then get the tube out from the other side.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Emergency Stan's Help!!’ is closed to new replies.