Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Emergency Please Help – Shock Died in Morzine
  • gcaster
    Free Member

Hi guys,

So it’s my first day in Morzine today, here until Wednesday, and my shock’s blown up on me. My options seem pretty limited as the only service centre here doesn’t have the seal kit for my RP23.

One option I was thinking of is to buy a new shock from CRC and have it shipped over with their express delivery. Unfortunately no Fox shocks for my frame (Meta 55) are in stock so I’d be looking at a cheap Manitou shock probably, would I just need to buy the shock and swap it straight out (thinking this)?

Alternately, I could order a full seal kit to be sent here although apparently they aren’t available to consumers/regular shops to buy – only service centres.

Finally, there’s hiring a bike but at around €70 a day that’s gonna be pretty expensive!

If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Greg

wwaswas

could you rent just a shock?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What size do you need, Ive a spare 216 x 63mm RP23 sat around doing nowt..

neninja
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Manitou use a different bush size to Fox so you’ll need new bushes too.

LoCo
    Free Member

Mail me have rp23 off my bike, van rc, or dueler 😀

gcaster
    Free Member

Thanks all.

could you rent just a shock?

Unfortunately not, the only shop that rents them doesn’t have one in my size. :S

@Teeto, Thanks for the offer mate but mine’s a 200×51 I’m afraid.

@LoCo, Dropping you an email buddy.

MussEd
    Free Member

Why not order a seal kit from CRC/TFT/MOJO or French/German online equivalent(paying for quickest delivery option) and get local shop/mechanic to do the needful when it arrives?

LoCo
    Free Member

Greg YGM, the damper is shot by the sound of it so needs internal seals

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Suspension Centre in Switzerland is driveable from Morzine – it’s about 2 or 3 hours away.

http://www.suspensioncenter.ch/index.php?lang=en

If you call them before they will fit you in same day (well – they have in the past).

gcaster
    Free Member

Simon from LoCo you are an absolute lifesaver! I know where I’ll be going for servicing from now on.

Cheers for your all you help everyone.

Greg

LoCo
    Free Member

No probs. shock built and dispatched, should be with you in a couple of days 😀

robhughes
    Free Member

Just read this thread and find it amazing that a guy is stuck 1400 miles away and within a matter of hours he has a shock built and on it,s way to him.
    good here init 🙂

finners

^^^^ Brilliant! 🙂

pastcaring
    Free Member

loco = top fella!

robhughes
    Free Member

Yep sure is.
    sorted my pr2 out no bother…
    Hats of to you simon…

gcaster
    Free Member

Well, shock arrived and fitted today. Runs a treat and has seen me through the best day of riding I think I’ve ever had.
    Once more a big thanks to LoCo and a strong recommendation from myself for LoCo Tuning!

Militant_biker

Nice!

It’s happened to me – managed to find a 2nd hand Fox Van Coil in perfect length* in Les Gets, they made a fitting kit on the spot for me too.
    Happened to a mate who exploded his Risse (spits) shock. He bought a 5th Element from TF , overnighted it to someone who was joining us for week 2, all good. The things we do to keep us riding!

*ok, it wasn’t perfect length; the stroke was too long, giving my bike about 9″ rather than 8″ travel 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Having had awful failures before this year I brought two bikes. Nothing went wrong.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Emergency Please Help – Shock Died in Morzine’ is closed to new replies.