Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Embsay Craggs
  • philfive
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the conditions are like at the moment?

martinhutch

It’s not raining this second (Skipton) and it’s actually quite bright, but we’ve had a few hefty downpours today so it will certainly be very much on the damp side, and chances are we’ll get a few more showers this evening.

philfive
    Free Member

So it’s a bad ride if it has been wet

martinhutch

Depends where you’re going. Not too bad though in general.

Still nice out this way – doesn’t look like rain now.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you’re thinking of doing it as part of the Skipton-Rylstone-Barden Moor-Bolton Abbey-Addingham-Skipton, then you should be ok, I’ve always found that whole route to be reasonably ok thru winter. If you want to include the Flasby section, then that bit might be a bit grim at the mo (heavy downpours today as MH says). There is a short fig of 8 that someone put up in a previous thread taking in Embsay Crag, if you want just a short couple of hours.

Gribs

The cheeky section on that fig 8 route (it was mine) isn’t all that much fun after rain and there’s been plenty this last week. The rest should be fairly good though the easier way off Embsay crag, rather than the direct route can get pretty muddy.

martinhutch

Yep – Sharp Haw/Flasby BW will be minging at the moment. It’s minging at the best of times. Note: there is a field full of lambing ewes on the cheeky alternative, and the farmer will be less than impressed if he catches you winging it down through them.

glenh
    Free Member

I’ve just been out on’t moor and it’s wetter than normal winter conditions at the moment, so I wouldn’t recommend it. It will be very wet and easily damaged.

philfive
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Embsay Craggs’ is closed to new replies.