Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • *embarrassed* sunscreen
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Ok stupid question time, in my defence I don’t think I’ve ever started a tyre thread.
    What sunscreen do you sweaty bastards use? A few hours out in this and I’ll be burnt to a crisp. Last year that’s exactly what happened when I sweated off the ambre solaire I was wearing.
    Apologies for starting such a shit thread.

jam-bo

P20.

allthegear
    Free Member

P20. Works.

Rachel

ltheisinger
    Free Member

P20 also.

tootallpaul

P20

orangeman5
    Free Member

P20… 🙂

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

P29er

Northwind

Banana Boat for me.

househusband

Another vote for Riemann P20…

Phil_H

P20
    Applied 15 minutes before riding it’s the only one I’ve found that I don’t sweat off.
    (I always burn & never tan)

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cyclax.

It’s British made, and awesome.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cyclax.

Doesn’t SoundLike sunscreen. Sure you’re following the instructions correctly? 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

piz buin.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thought cyclax was a moisturiser?

oldgit
    Free Member

Oils like Hawaiian Tropic. The creams tend to trap body moisture and cause little water blisters.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

’tis awesome.

rewski
    Free Member

Gt85

Kit
    Free Member

I’ve been using for years the Boots Soltan Once stuff. Claims 8hrs, but frankly I don’t trust it (or any other cream). Easy to check though by touch if it’s still on, and the bottles are dinky making it easy to carry around. About £3.50 a bottle.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Ambre Solaire F30 or F50 – as oldgit says the oily ones in the spray bottle. Creams I find hamper the sweating buckets cooling system.

doubledunter
    Free Member

P20 …. :mrgreen:

stumpy01

oldgit – Member
    Oils like Hawaiian Tropic. The creams tend to trap body moisture and cause little water blisters.

Interesting, as I had this on holiday last year and ended up sitting in the shade for several days….

Anna-B
    Free Member

I have Boots Soltan “extreme” spf40. I only use it on my face and when I’m out cycling, it’s like pollyfilla. It doesn’t sweat off like normal suncream and it works.

frogstomp

P20

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks like p20 wins. I think I can get this buckshee conveniently.

takisawa2

Those stick type ones, like a deodorant, they are ok. Doesn’t run into my eyes when sweating.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Lard

nealglover
    Free Member

Lard.

Yorkshire quality.

jam-bo

Looks like p20 wins. I think I can get this buckshee conveniently.

Boots had 20% off on Saturday.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Gt85

😀

I must invest in some of this sunscreen stuff as my arms and legs are cooked.

deus

One of my mates, after a days downhilling wearing jeans, gloves and helmet said that he didn’t think he’d get sunburn as long as he kept moving, unfortunately he wasn’t going fast enough (by a long, long way) and lobstered up like a good ‘un.

zerocool

Buy some Factor 60 aimed at Kids, it’ll protect you for most of the day and not come off with sweat (it is designed to stay on kids no matter how wet and roughed up they get). I used it while kayaking on the White Nile and only burned the one day I forgot. And I’m about as fair skinned as you can get without being a ginger or an albino

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

None. All the best trails are in the woods.

jonba
    Free Member

Nivea SPF30 or 50. I normally find putting high SPF facto suncream on means it is still effective after a sweaty ride. Haven’t bought anything less than 30 in years and I don’t burn easily.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Picolax

philfive
    Free Member

Picolax

B_Leach
    Free Member

Yup +1 for P20

Hmm… picolax will force you out of the sun and onto the khazi…. you may have a point 😀

mrjmt
    Free Member

piz buin spray on stuff, it smells like summer.

D0NK

malibu dry oil spf15, good for covering your scalp too.

£3 bargain!

I burn pretty easy but one coat before a long mid day (11-5) ride on sunday and I was fine.

stevie750

P20 s great stuff.

It does however go florescent under UV light. Had some on while on holiday then went into a club. Took ages to notice that I was bright green.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘*embarrassed* sunscreen’ is closed to new replies.